Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking out loud today..... After seeing the prices of the new Passport, I'm now leaning more toward an updated CR-V. With all the problems associated with the current engine, I wonder if the 2020s will have the same engine modified or if Honda will completely replace it? I currently have a 2017 EX, and so far no major problems, "but", there are always those concerns in the back of my mind. Thoughts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't think anyone knows what Honda is thinking for 2020, but what they could do to alleviate the problems with the 1.5T. They could offer the 2.4L on all trim levels. I don't think anybody is having fuel dilution or heating problems on 2015-16 CRVs, or 2017+ LXs. They could turbocharge the 1.8L engine from the HR-V and offer that as an upgrade engine. A 1.8T would be less taxed than the 1.5, and it wouldn't step on the toes of the Passport/Pilot or RDX as far as marketing is concerned.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Just thinking out loud today..... After seeing the prices of the new Passport, I'm now leaning more toward an updated CR-V. With all the problems associated with the current engine, I wonder if the 2020s will have the same engine modified or if Honda will completely replace it? I currently have a 2017 EX, and so far no major problems, "but", there are always those concerns in the back of my mind. Thoughts?
If you have a 2017 with no problems by now then you're in the clear. It's not going to randomly develop and oil dilution issue....that would have already happened.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a 2017 with no problems by now then you're in the clear. It's not going to randomly develop and oil dilution issue....that would have already happened.
My thinking now is, I already have "the letter" for the fix that I currently don't need. What will the fix do, fix a nonexistent issue or create a new issue? I'm glad I bought the honda extended warranty!:

·
Registered
172 Posts
My thinking now is, I already have "the letter" for the fix that I currently don't need. What will the fix do, fix a nonexistent issue or create a new issue? I'm glad I bought the honda extended warranty!:
That's a big MAYBE! There are several reports of non-issue owners that had the fix applied and now have dilution and heat problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For what it's worth, the 2020 CR-V will be a refreshed version of the current generation. Assuming Honda stays on schedule (and they're usually pretty rigid about their 5 year cycle, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't), an all-new CR-V will be here as a 2022 model.

With that being said, the refreshed 2015 CR-V had a new engine, upgraded from the 2012-2014 models. That's the exception rather than the rule, but with the engine troubles, anything is possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.