Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some NGK iridium plugs, but haven't had a chance to put them in yet. I was planning on doing it this saturday, but I was told that 1st gen's don't agree with iridium plugs.

Has anyone ever heard of this or had any experience with NGK iridium plugs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I got some NGK iridium plugs, but haven't had a chance to put them in yet. I was planning on doing it this saturday, but I was told that 1st gen's don't agree with iridium plugs.

Has anyone ever heard of this or had any experience with NGK iridium plugs?

Thanks!
1st gen V's (and most Hondas) don't like Bosch plugs. I have had NGK Iridiums in my V for over 40k miles. During a recent valve adjustment, I pulled them out for a look-see. They looked new. I have zero performance issues and routinely eek out 25-27.5mpg by driving moderately (NOT easy).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2redv's! I put the plugs in today and I've noticed an immediate difference when I'm accelerating. My V was very slugish and now it just takes off with no problems and starts up with ease.

The old plugs that I pulled were horrible. No wonder I've been getting such horrible gas mileage. I changed the air filter too! :D

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Thanks 2redv's! I put the plugs in today and I've noticed an immediate difference when I'm accelerating. My V was very slugish and now it just takes off with no problems and starts up with ease.

The old plugs that I pulled were horrible. No wonder I've been getting such horrible gas mileage. I changed the air filter too! :D
Cool!
Now, pull the distributor cap and rotor and check them too. The rotor has a small screw that has to be removed - unlike US domestic cars that could just be pulled off.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts