Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I monitor the NHTSA site every day for new TSB information applicable to my 2017 CRV EX-L AWD.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2017/HONDA/CR-V/SUV/AWD#manufacturerCommunications
It should be very obvious how to change this URL to reflect anyone’s year and drive train configuration.

Anyway, there had been no new entries for over a month. This morning 4 more of them pooped up.
None of them have their Associated Document (PDF) yet, but I'm sure it will be available within the week.

April 5, 2019 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: A18-147
This has to be at least Version 4 of TSB A18-147.
This one mentions a warranty.

April 5, 2019 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: A19-032
This has the same wording as all the other Oil Dilution related TSBs.
Or should I say Emissions related TSBs. American Honda wouldn’t want to mention Oil Dilution.

April 5, 2019 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: ABOM04052019
This discusses an extended warranty on Camshaft and Rocker Arms.
I wonder what could possibly cause these items to fail?

April 5, 2019 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: A19-037
This has the same wording as all the other Oil Dilution related TSBs.
Or should I say Emissions related TSBs. American Honda wouldn’t want to mention Oil Dilution.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
6 year Unlimited mile warranty on head components is ok. Sounds like 5/6 years is going to be the sales point of my vehicle after all.

Feels like a long ways away.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Love the typo in your post Bob. Going to leave it as it's funny!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
For the most part... they do update communications roughly monthly... probably a batch reporting to NHTSA.

As for missing attachments, that may just be a timing issue on delivery of the PDF, though if you look at the April communications, they are basically repeats of recent prior months.... maybe sleight modifications or edits triggering a recommunication. (some of them are actually duplicate numbers to prior months). This may be due to adjustments on Honda's part to cover vehicles in states not currently covered the wider TSB campaign (based on reading some of the PDFs).

What is clear from most of these communications is that some vehicles with the 1.5T engine are suffering piston misfires and/or fuel too rich issues in some conditions. It would be nice if they were more specific as to what conditions trigger this, Regardless, the corrective procedure is the same in each case. Though for the average vehicle owner, who never reads NHTSA postings, much less understands them ... more detail would not matter and I gather these communications are mostly duplicates to communications sent to owners asking them to come in and have one or more TSBs applied.

I'm guessing the extension of warranty on camshafts and rocker arms is probably related to possible damage induced by piston misfires when they happen, right? I mean... these modern engines will tear themselves apart if they fall out of electronic control and ignition specs in some cases (think LSPI, or similar combustion event).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts