Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 that needs new tires. My Tire guy recomends the NITTO Crosstek CUV tires. I have never heard of them. I am looking for a review or advice on these tires. The total for the 4, plus M/B and flat repair warranty, etc, is $670.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ran Nittos exclusively on my BMW and loved them. Excellent performance, wear, and super quiet. Based on my experience, my dad put a set of the Crossteks on his Toyota Tundra and says they are the best tires he's ever had. I don't think you can go wrong with anything Nitto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an update on the Nitto Crosstek CUV tires. I did buy the 4 tires. This is the 4th set of tires on our '08 CR-V. The tires look fine, and ride OK. My concern is with the MPG. I don't remember what the original tires were, but we got 26.09 MPG with them. Next we bought Yoko Geolander and got 26.24 MPG from them. Then we bought Goodyear Integrity and got 25.17 mpg from them. The latest tires are the Nitto's. We noticed right away that they are slightly noiser than the previous tires. Not a lot, but just a little. We are getting 24.88 MPG from them. Basically 1.2 mpg less than the original tires. I will probably not buy them again based on lower gas mileage. Howerver, I will do the math on the cost differnece between the tires to see if it is worth paying extra up front, to get more mileage out of the tires. I will also have to calculate, how many miles I get out of them.
Based on getting 50,000 miles from a set of tires, and an average of $3.50 per gallon of gas, the Nittos will end up costing us and extra $326, compared to the original set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.