Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 CRV Touring and within the past week I have noticed from a stop if I push on the gas nothing happens. If I let it up it accelerates normal. Yesterday when it happened I went ahead and pushed it to the floor and nothing happened It was in reverse and I had the brake on. I know it is under warranty but was wondering it anybody else was having this problem.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not a normal problem. I would just go to the dealer and let us know what you hear.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
Are you pressing the pedal hard to floor etc?

Still, as suggested, if you feel its not right - go to the dealer as you have warranty.

Reactions: agentl074 and beww

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
230 Posts
"Yesterday when it happened I went ahead and pushed it to the floor and nothing happened It was in reverse and I had the brake on".

Maybe you need to let the brake off ? Sounds like you expected the vehicle to move but the brakes were doing their job -- keeping you safe.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,093 Posts
I have a 2020 CRV Touring and within the past week I have noticed from a stop if I push on the gas nothing happens. If I let it up it accelerates normal. Yesterday when it happened I went ahead and pushed it to the floor and nothing happened It was in reverse and I had the brake on. I know it is under warranty but was wondering it anybody else was having this problem.
Could you do us a favor? Please give us a better (more clear) explanation of what is happening, so we are better able to try assist you. BUT the best course of action is really to take it to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,025 Posts
Yesterday when it happened I went ahead and pushed it to the floor and nothing happened It was in reverse and I had the brake on.
Your reported issue and symptoms is not something common or "a thing" with generation 5 CRVs. Modern high tech motor vehicle though.. so literally anything imaginable could happen when one or more systems are not working properly.

When you say you had the brake on, please clarify... you mean you had your foot on the brake pedal, OR you had the parking brake on. It matters. With the parking brake applied, the vehicle literally cannot be moved, so I suspect you mean you had your foot on the brake pedal.

I assume you have no alert lights on your dash, correct? Generally if something serious is wrong with a gen5 CRV it will run a real light and sound show on your instrument panel. The vehicle is also smart enough to degrade acceleration and performance on the engine if it detects an issue harmful to the engine in doing so.

My advice is don't mess around with searching the internet for comparative answers. If your vehicle fails to accelerate on demand, and normally to how you are accustomed to your 2020 CRV accelerating, you need dealer service techs to check and evaluate why and correct whatever issue it may be. If you are not comfortable driving it, get it towed to the dealer via Honda Roadside Assistance.

Do be sure to come back and let us know what the dealer found as the cause, as that may help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Original post said "I push on the gas ... I had the brake on".
This is a safety feature of most modern cars. If both the brake and gas pedals are pressed, the result is no acceleration. This is a safety feature that is needed because some people were getting into accidents when they pressed both pedals and the car wouldn't stop.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Call Honda corporate or a Honda dealer and ask them... just to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts