Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I noticed that there is no air coming from two central vents on either side of the clock. However, the two vents which are near the doors driver/passenger are fine. I can feel the air coming out of them.

I thought my cabin filter would be choked. I replaced that with no effect except that, there is 'more' air through side(doors) vents.

I tested the same with hot/cold a/c on/off with no result.

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Did you test with the selector set for top air? I believe that is the only setting that puts air out of those with mine. It isn't the feet or defrost, but the one pointing to the shoulders.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you test with the selector set for top air? I believe that is the only setting that puts air out of those with mine. It isn't the feet or defrost, but the one pointing to the shoulders.
Thanks Shryp.

Yes, I have tried with all the settings of 'selector set'. I even thought , may be having a/c on or off may make a difference, but no result.

Just curious - Is the fan, under the glove compartment, supplying the air to the central and side vents or central vents have a different mechanism ? If it is the same fan, then it means the fan is working, since I am getting air in the vents closet to the doors, It could possibly mean something clogging the duct

Thoughts ?

Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
It is the same fan. On the gen1, you can turn the fan to off and air will come in from the outside as long as the car is moving (as long as you don't have recirculate on).

When you change the settings, do you notice a change to the side vents? Going to defrost should turn the air going to the side to reduced, if not then there may be a problem with the diverters in the system.

You could try taking the cabin air filter out again and see if there is anything visible in the duct work to the left side of the filter. Take a shop vac to the line and see if anything comes out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bchan42.
I had to pause this thread due to personal reason. Now, I can again focus on this issue.

To the left, I see a metallic mesh which seems to be clean. You mentioned the problem with 'diverters'. How can I reach/test it ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2001 crv and wanted to know if we have a iat sensor and where to locate it if we do. Any input would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you should check the mode control lever, think its on the driver side of the vent housing. play with the mode and you should see the lever of cable moving
Thank you downloader.

Let me try that. I will get back later tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Southwind, the heater unit does not have anything controled by vacuum
My bad, mine has never give any problems in 216k miles, so I thought the diverter door was vacuum operated. Just shows I learn something everyday. Good day.
David g.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you should check the mode control lever, think its on the driver side of the vent housing. play with the mode and you should see the lever of cable moving
Thank you downloader.

I took the driver side vent out and tried to move/wiggle the mode control but was not able to see any movement. Any other way I can get to the 'diverter' ?
I have almost removed my front dash cover so I can see all the cables and everything. I am going nuts at this stage.

I think someone mentioned 'diverter'. Is there an easy way to reach it and test ?

Also, based on your experience, it seems this is a 'mechanical' problem as opposed to 'electrical' . Am I correct ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I could be wrong about what side its located. But when you play with the mode control a little moter moves the lever to control the flaps inside. Try to find the motor and remove it then play with knob and see if it moves. If it moves try moving the flap by hand. Is there any chance some thing dropped into the vents?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts