Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised that in the EX-L model (Top of the line) there was no courtesy light on the vanity mirror... Are they just being cheap in order to be able to accommodate side curtain airbags or trying to leave those "luxury" features for the Acura RDX?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wiu-Bimmer said:
I was surprised that in the EX-L model (Top of the line) there was no courtesy light on the vanity mirror... Are they just being cheap in order to be able to accommodate side curtain airbags or trying to leave those "luxury" features for the Acura RDX?
Strange, isn't it? Why do they leave out the little things like this? One of my pet peeves is the cheap front visors that don't adequately cover the front windshield. Then you look around the vehicle and discover other things that they did do that you marvel at but yet would never really need. It is like some of the priorities are skewed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
How true. I don't understand Honda. One of my friends has a Tucson. A considerably cheaper vehicle. Lights on both vanity mirrors. And, pull out extension on the visors. :)

And several other nice standard features lacking on CR-V's.

Maybe Honda is saving some of these conveniences for a makeover next year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greenzter said:
Maybe Honda is saving some of these conveniences for a makeover next year.
Totally agree with you on this, you can even see on that cheap sun visor/mirror, the place where the light should go, but it isn't there, it is just a bulky piece of plastic instead.
But how big of an add-on or conveneince will it represent for future buyers, I mean, will it really have any weight on your purchase decision when the sales guy tells you: "This year, it now comes with lights on the sun visor mirrors"
Please... that is just cheap

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly that the lack of some of what we considered "basics" is mind boggling.....one of the BIGGEST things I noticed and miss on my EX-L is no power drivers seat.....but, it didn't stop me from buying and loving my CRV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
could we swap the sunshade?

Is it possible to swap the sun shade with another honda vehicle that has the vanity mirror lights?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
808V said:
Is it possible to swap the sun shade with another honda vehicle that has the vanity mirror lights?
Possible. You would also have to run the power to it. Closest power source should be the overhead map lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, it doesn't bother me, but I was going to get the power there for a Homelink mirror, so guess will have to use the map light's.
And as a comment, most of my cars with vanity lights were so dim that were useless. I just wish it had Homelink.
Other positive details I didn't expect were outside temperature and lighted steering wheel controls. Guess it's hard to please everybody. It's not a luxury car after all. We wanted something simple and fuel efficient for a change, and my wife is very happy with her new SUV. Later gang.
JC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mirror Light

I am not at home now but I know for a fact the passenger side mirror has a light. Can't remember about the driver's side. It is a Japanese produced CR-V.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not at home now but I know for a fact the passenger side mirror has a light. Can't remember about the driver's side. It is a Japanese produced CR-V.
Japanese produced, but sold in the U.S. correct? Can you take a picture of the vanity mirror and post it for all us non-lighted vanity owners?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't mind so much that the visor doesn't have a light, but that the quality of materials used look so cheap.
The visors have the look of a stripped down base model, not something that I expected in a EX-L.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mea Culpa

Well, when I got home I discovered to my dismay no lighted vanity mirror on the visor! I don't know where I got the idea that it had one. Maybe it was that Highlander we test drove just before we got the CR-V last week. Sorry for the mistake...but at least now you all won't feel like you missed out on something. Do you think the 2008 model will correct this minor omission? I say "minor," but I do find it surprising that a vehicle that was supposedly designed with women in mind left this out (hope that didn't sound sexist).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my ES 2.2 DTDi a month ago and that has lights on both of the visors. Although in the UK we do get lots of things as standard but it's reflected in the price!

Andyfr

1 - 20 of 35 Posts