Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda CR-V Touring
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing i am missing from my VW was the Hard Drive built into the head unit. Why Honda? Why not have a solid state drive in your media unit? I have close to 100 GB of music and probably half that in old Radio Shows like “Johnny Dollar” and “Green Hornet” from the 30-40s) perfect for them road trips.
Also not even an SD card slot, again Really Honda?
So i dug thru my junk and found a couple old Thumb Drives. I hated how far they stuck out of the dash, and one even interfered with the Charge Dock.
So off to the ‘Zon I went and grabbed 3 of these.
Gesture Finger Automotive tire Collar Thumb

One I have strictly for music
One for nothing but Radio Shows
And One for Comedy, and misc music, books etc.

In the process of getting a 3D print to hold all 3 of them stuck under the armrest lid with some DST.

installed in the port they look like this

Gadget Font Audio equipment Laptop accessory Multimedia

And it instantly recognized it and went right to playing. Heck even album art is showing up on albums i had it. Sadly I deleted most of the album art to make room on the VW HDD so i have to find out how to get it all back again so the art displays on the screen.

Gadget Flat panel display Audio receiver Font Audio equipment

All and all its way faster than the VWs setup, and its totally unobtrusive. Leaves me the main usb for CarPlay should I ever need it and no cords running everywhere.

If anyone knows how i can get my album art back and saved So I have it again let me know. Its all legally obtained music most of its from my own personal collection of CDs and some was a friends I copied over when transferring his computer to a new system.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
1,934 Posts
[/QUOTE]
If anyone knows how i can get my album art back and saved So I have it again let me know. Its all legally obtained music most of its from my own personal collection of CDs and some was a friends I copied over when transferring his computer to a new system.
[/QUOTE]
You could try importing all your music into Apple Music/iTunes and let it find and download the album art.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L AWD
45 Posts
[/QUOTE]
You could try importing all your music into Apple Music/iTunes and let it find and download the album art.
[/QUOTE]

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

But you have to lower the resolution of the Photo, that might be the issue, maybe you have the album art, but too high of a resolution..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts