Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hasn't this car been rated yet by IIHS or NHTSA? Hasn't it been out for 3 or 4 months now? All of the other competitors in the CRV's segment have had their cars reviewed.

I've been waiting for these safety ratings to come out before I make the purchase.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why hasn't this car been rated yet by IIHS or NHTSA? Hasn't it been out for 3 or 4 months now? All of the other competitors in the CRV's segment have had their cars reviewed.

I've been waiting for these safety ratings to come out before I make the purchase.
Why? Do you think the safety ratings will get worse than the 2016? They seem to only get better.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
332 Posts

Do you think in best rated cars people never get killed?
Biggest and heaviest vehicles will give you the best protection and CRV's is not one of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you think in best rated cars people never get killed?
Biggest and heaviest vehicles will give you the best protection and CRV's is not one of them.
*Rolls eyes* I figured there would be a comment like this :). Of course people get killed in all kinds of cars, no matter how safe they are rated. Never did I imply or say that people didn't get killed. That's not even the topic per se. I'm just curious if anyone knows when they will be rated.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Bigger vehicles only give better protection if the two cars are otherswise equivalent. Otherwise a well designed lighter car is much safer than a poorly designed heavier car. And the heavier vehicles are often higher off the ground and/or handle poorly, increasing the chances overall of a serious accident. (The best way to survive a car crash is to avoid it.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
2017 HONDA CR-V RECEIVES TOP SAFETY PICK+ AWARD FROM IIHS Stefan Ogbac WordsMarch 21, 2017

25 PHOTOS
Crossover's front crash prevention system receives high marks

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded the 2017 Honda CR-V with the Top Safety Pick+ rating, the highest award a vehicle can earn from the organization, which evaluates crash scores, front crash prevention systems, and headlights. Like the outgoing 2016 model, the 2017 CR-V earned a Good score on all crash tests including the difficult small overlap test.

On all but the base LX trim, the 2017 CR-V comes standard with a host of active safety and driver assistance features including forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, road departure mitigation, and lane keeping assist. In the IIHS’ front crash prevention test, the 2017 CR-V earned the highest score of Superior since it was able to avoid 12- and 25-mph collisions.

As for the new test that evaluates the effectiveness of a vehicle’s headlights, the 2017 CR-V with the optional LED headlights received an Acceptable rating. However, models with the standard halogen headlights only received a Marginal rating. In addition to receiving an Advanced or Superior rating in the front crash prevention test, a car must receive an Acceptable or Good score in the headlight effectiveness evaluation in order to qualify for the Top Safety Pick+ rating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.