Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me with this. I am a bit lost :(

I have been trying to install the Pioneer X920BT. It powered on once and then after some meddling it no longer worked. Anyway after checking and re-checking my wires I decided to re-attach the stock HU (EX-L stereo) and just make sure that worked. It doesn't power on either when I plug in just the main HU (no steering wheel, aux, antenna, amp).

I don't know what to look at. I understand it may be a fuse but I don't know where they are and what to look for.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI ... Also, as part of the install of the Axxess SWC I spliced the steering wheel control. But this was *after* the X920BT initially powered on.

I am assuming that any potential problem with the steering wheel control due to the wiring would not affect the power to the HU.

·
Registered
47 Posts
definitely sounds like you blew a fuse. double check your wiring and replace the fuse for the radio. The fuse box is under the driver seat and typically should have a legend on the cover. Undoing what ever splicing would also be recommended.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fuse box is *under* the driver seat? I haven't looked but all posts I've searched through indicate it is under driver dash and under the hood (somewhere).

I disconnected everything and put it back to stock as much as possible.

Something I noted was that Radio-Acc seemed to still be working (red wire) so I think it's the the constant 12V (yellow wire) that is the problem. I saw a fuse diagram online (http://www.wiringdiagrams21.com/2009/05/27/2008-honda-crv-interior-fuse-table-and-diagram) for the driver dash (I assume) but I do not know what fuse would control the constant.

Ideas?

·
Registered
47 Posts
BTW, I'm really interested in your take on the Pioneer x920bt receiver.

Was looking at that for a while, especially with the 30% off at Amazon and mail in rebate making it $4xx.

The biggest turn off was all the complaints regarding the GPS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will post once I get this situation resolved.

I am replacing it from a Rosen unit that I just did not like. Reviewed it as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
argh

I pulled fuse 34 and 35 to take a look at them and then realized that I don't know what a blown fuse looks like.

They both looked 'ok' in that they weren't burnt and the connection between the two connectors seemed intact.

I plugged in the AC control and that was working.

*dismal failure*

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have a volt meter or multi-meter? You can just check for continuity on the fuse. It would also really help narrow down your HU issue. You can use it to double check if the appropriate wires (12+ and ACC 12+) are working correctly.

I pulled fuse 34 and 35 to take a look at them and then realized that I don't know what a blown fuse looks like.

They both looked 'ok' in that they weren't burnt and the connection between the two connectors seemed intact.

I plugged in the AC control and that was working.

*dismal failure*

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought some fuses today to try out.

They're not the mini ones but I hear they should work, but will stick out. Anyone know where to buy the mini low-profile ones in Toronto? I went to The Source but they weren't there.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Bought some fuses today to try out.

They're not the mini ones but I hear they should work, but will stick out. Anyone know where to buy the mini low-profile ones in Toronto? I went to The Source but they weren't there.

Go to the dealer and get the proper fuses.....You asking for problems jamming the wrong fuse in just because it "fits".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found it! It was a fuse #17 under the hood "High Power Sound */Windshield Defroster", 15 amps

I had a feeling it might be this one and when I pulled it out I could see it clear as day. Replaced it with the included spares and I could hear the sweet sounds of a HU clicking to life!

Nice that Honda gives us fuse-pulling clips and spare fuses under the hood!

will attempt to install the x920bt again in the next couple of days

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sweet! I guess you have the "High Power Sound" option - EX/EXL with subwoofer? If so, that means you will have to abandon the little sub under your seat.

Also, the wiring diagram you linked to doesn't even list "High Power Sound */Windshield Defroster" as fuse #17 or any other number.

Do you have any idea how you blew the fuse in the first place? That's probably something you need to track down.

found it! It was a fuse #17 under the hood "High Power Sound */Windshield Defroster", 15 amps

I had a feeling it might be this one and when I pulled it out I could see it clear as day. Replaced it with the included spares and I could hear the sweet sounds of a HU clicking to life!

Nice that Honda gives us fuse-pulling clips and spare fuses under the hood!

will attempt to install the x920bt again in the next couple of days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts