Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tailgate on my CRV doesn't lock, whether using the remote or key in the door. The tailgate doesn't make any sound when locking/unlocking the car. The tailgate window unlocks from both the key fob and the car and the rear wiper works fine so I assume not an electrical issue. There is no tailgate ajar light evident on the dashboard at all.

The tailgate does close fine, just doesn't lock and as a result the car isn't alarmed, there is no armed or disarmed beep - unlike my Mk 1 which is single bleep (unlock) and double bleep (lock).

In addition the car re-locks itself within a second or two unless you open the driver's door in time.

I have tried the elastic band trick, to no avail. Any advice or guidance, even as to how to remove the inner lining would be helpful so I can check the condition of the actuator and locking mechanism. At the minute I am loving my Mk 1, not so the Mk 2 as I cannot use it as it is insecure. HELP!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same issue and had to replace the tailgate switch on the lock mechanism, i picked up one from the breakers first, but that didn't last long either, so ended up getting a replica of the net. All sorted now, easy fix. Tailgate plastic comes off pretty easy, just remember to remove the screw where the hook is. You can also lock and unlock the tailgate manually with your finger if you remove one of the circular plugs by the lock - you can flip the lock closed with your finger, arm through the rear window then lock the window down as a short term solution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts