Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought a 2014 CR-V EX model in Poland with ALPINE audio/nav installed.
The issue i Have is the following: audio plays without any problem from usb port.
But when I plug a usb with photos (on the root, formatted etc.) and attempt to add them to the i-MID I receive the message "NO USB device detected. See owner's manual".
My feeling is that there is something wrong in the usb connection (the port is occupied only by Alpine???).
Any ideas???
Thanx in advance for your contribution.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i-MID only knows how to talk to the FACTORY radio USB - aftermarket cannot be seen as it is not on the same bus as the i-MID.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i-MID only knows how to talk to the FACTORY radio USB - aftermarket cannot be seen as it is not on the same bus as the i-MID.
This is not exactly true. The USB controller for the factory i-mid is separate from the factory radio. If the i-mid display and USB control module were left connected and the factory USB cable is still connected separately to the USB control module then Petro *should* be able to load pics onto i-mid using the steering wheel menu controls.

Petro - do you have two separate USB connectors in your CRV? One for playing music through your Alpine and one in the center console connected to the i-mid?
If you are truly using the factory i-mid USB connector then make sure you are using the correct USB drive size and make sure it is formatted properly (MS-DOS FAT 32)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts