Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new 2017 CRV at Motorwerk Barrington Honda last December 2016. After 2 weeks we brought our CRV back to the dealership, because we noticed a noise at the back left side of our CRV, like something is loose under the car. Specially on cold weather I can hear the noise. My wife who seats at the back with our baby, she also complained about the noise, specially when the radio is off and we are in traffic or at a stop light. We brought our CRV back to the Honda dealership 3 times in the first 2 years to complained about the noise and they kept telling us that there is nothing wrong with our new CRV and they can’t find the noise. We are very DISAPPOINTED that they can’t find the problem and fix it. I just hope it’s nothing, we don’t want to get in an accident because of the noise. Could be a lot of things like loose nut or joint or something. We still used our CRV and we can still hear the noise at the back left side under the car. Very annoying!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information. Our CRV had a recalled and was fix I believe around late 2017 or early 2018 something about the gas tank. I’m not sure if that was the problem to fix the noise. I will call Honda and double check what was fix.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thank you for the information. Our CRV had a recalled and was fix I believe around late 2017 or early 2018 something about the gas tank. I’m not sure if that was the problem to fix the noise. I will call Honda and double check what was fix.
There is only one actual recall on record related to anything with the fuel tank and the recall your are referring to was to replace an incorrectly installed fuel feed tube/line (could leak and cause a fire hazard). It affected a limited number of 2017s.. and mine was one of them. Recalled about a month after I took delivery. Everything else to date on the gen5 has been a TSB.. what Honda calls a "product update campaign" in their computer system that tracks all VINs.

As for the sound.. if you can record it and post it.. that would help others maybe help you identify it. It could very well be what marty1 posted about a noise originating from the fuel tank. Service Bulletin 18-084 - The fuel tank's wave absorber mounting point has excessive clearance. This condition creates vibration and produces noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2000 crv awd when I'm turning tight left or right it sounds like something rubbing around the rear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts