Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if something like this has been discussed, I searched and couldn't find anything. Recently we've developed a weird clicking/buzzing sound from the left vent area when I hit certain bumps. Doesn't matter if the fan is running or not...almost sounds like a June bug flutters it's wings in there for a second or two. Strange.
Also, the front driver's side brakes make a clicking noise when we apply the pedal. This has been going on since the winter an I called the dealer and their reply was ...some Hondas do that, and I could probably use a brake service. I had them do a brake service 20,000kms ago and I never had issues before. Warranty possibly? I've only got 5000kms to go to hit 60k.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,016 Posts
Slider pins get lubed, shims get lubed even the backing and ends of hte brakes get lubed.. lube is malykite 77 .

clicking all the time then check the dust shield of the brakes or called a heat shield.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,905 Posts
Thank you :)
I had an occasional clicking sound when backing out of my garage.. and it was when I was depressing the brakes. After the B1 service last week.... no more clicking.. so it was something sticking in the brake front brake assemblies that clearly got lubed when they did the brake inspection and lube as part of B1.

In your case.. you say it's when you go over certain bumps.. and that could be the brakes (as fishycomics suggested) or it could be something loose somewhere that is joggled by going over said bumps. I guess you will have to experiment a bit. If it is at slow speed, have someone walking adjacent to the car while you drive over a target bump that is known to generate the noise and see if they can help you localize it.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,016 Posts
What i did to find that noise, did I ever find it Lol did it ever go away yes. and I did it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts