Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
You are going to have to be far more specific. Does the noise happen all the time, or only when the key is on, or only when the engine is running, or only when the A/C is running, or? Is the noise coming from up high underneath he dash or down low? It could be many different things. For instance: It could be something that has gotten into the blower plenum through the cowl vents. To check that, pull the cabin air filter. There could be a leaf, or a big bug, or any number of things, rubbing against the blower motor's cage wheel. Or, if it's a buzzing or gear-grinding noise, it could be one of the motors that operate the HVAC doors. One of them is located on the lower right side next to the plenum enclosure. If it's a rattle, it could be any number of loose things.

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on how it goes with this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z
You are going to have to be far more specific. Does the noise happen all the time, or only when the key is on, or only when the engine is running, or only when the A/C is running, or? Is the noise coming from up high underneath he dash or down low? It could be many different things. For instance: It could be something that has gotten into the blower plenum through the cowl vents. To check that, pull the cabin air filter. There could be a leaf, or a big bug, or any number of things, rubbing against the blower motor's cage wheel. Or, if it's a buzzing or gear-grinding noise, it could be one of the motors that operate the HVAC doors. One of them is located on the lower right side next to the plenum enclosure. If it's a rattle, it could be any number of loose things.

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on how it goes with this issue.
It still makes a noise when the air conditioner is off .

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
This sounds like it may actually be outside the cabin. It could be that your serpentine belt (on the engine) is worn out and is about the break. It could also be a bubble on the right front tire (sidewall separation). Or a section of the car's plastic splash shielding has come loose or lost a fastener (it uses push-lock fasteners). Any of these conditions could sound like they are coming from under the dash, as there are vent passages that can easily carry sound. I can't actually think, right off hand, of anything under the dash in the interior that would be speed-related, though others might. That's pretty much all I got. I would do an under the hood and under the car inspection right away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This sounds like it may actually be outside the cabin. It could be that your serpentine belt (on the engine) is worn out and is about the break. It could also be a bubble on the right front tire (sidewall separation). Or a section of the car's plastic splash shielding has come loose or lost a fastener (it uses push-lock fasteners). Any of these conditions could sound like they are coming from under the dash, as there are vent passages that can easily carry sound. I can't actually think, right off hand, of anything under the dash in the interior that would be speed-related, though others might. That's pretty much all I got. I would do an under the hood and under the car inspection right away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.