Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new set of tires on our V. I went all out and bought a set of Nokians. I've wanted a set since I first heard about them back in the '90s on the Saabnet forum. Everyone gave them rave reviews, so I decide they were worth a try. So far, they have preformed beautifully in the rain. Can't wait for snow again! Nokians and all-wheel drive will be nice. Here's a link to what I got. My wife has the V right now, so maybe I'll get a picture tomorrow.

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=99244&group=1.02&name=Nokian+eNTYRE

I was originally think about getting the Yokohama Geolandar A/T, but I couldn't find a local source that could get them to me in less than a weeks time. (I found an ugly knot on the old set and it was worrying me.) Plus, my wife is driving it mostly, and I knew if the Yokos where loud, I'd hear about it non-stop! My brother just put a set on his Forester, but says they're not loud in the least. Oh well. The Nokians are great too!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm going to have the rear alignment checked when possible as I think there is some negative camber in my V. It is possible this is cupping the tires, but I cannot feel it yet. I have a 2006 Civic and it required a new model of upper control arm in order to correct the camber issue.:( I'm thinking the CR-V's may have this same issue. Hope not. H

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm going to have the rear alignment checked when possible as I think there is some negative camber in my V. It is possible this is cupping the tires, but I cannot feel it yet. I have a 2006 Civic and it required a new model of upper control arm in order to correct the camber issue.:( I'm thinking the CR-V's may have this same issue. Hope not. H
Cupping is usually caused from bad shocks or worn bushings or other suspension joints.

I don't know the spec off hand but I think there is supposed to be like one degree of negative camber. The worn components mentioned above as well as sagging springs can cause the alignment to change. Also a heavy load changes things.

Best to take it to a good suspension shop to sort it out. If you are handy change the obvious worn parts yourself first. Have good tires on it and load it like you normally do before taking it in for best alignment.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yes I know where your coming from Gravy. My V has only 35,000 miles on it and has never had much of a load or used off-road. The rear as well as front suspension is tight. Struts are also good. :D Thanks for the input thou. H

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone can provide a long term update on the Nokians? I just got some Nokian entyre C/S yesterday primarily because the brand is apparently known for its snow tires. I am concerned with long term durability not much reviews out there.

·
Registered
2021 Black Edition Hybrid AWD
27 Posts
I had som Nokian V (summer tires) on my 2005 CRV, they performed well for the years I had it. Good grip and no excessive wear.
As for their winter tires (studded) I've used Hakka 5, 7, 8 and now 9 on our Civics and CR-Vs. Excellent grip and stability. No excessive wear to mention (unless we speak of the asphalt). :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you @Kihlevippen My first impression on the Nokian Entyre C/S is that they are so much better at dampening out road noise. The vehicle is able to absorb a lot more bumps than my previous Continentals. Ride is sol much better. Used it in heavy rains and they performed very well (as should be for brand new tires). The only issue I have found is that they are vibrating at lot at 60mph and beyond. I think they need to be balanced. But the ride and grip is phenomenal.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring 1.5T AWD, Sonic Gray Pearl
174 Posts
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Nokian, they've been my winter tire of choice for the last 10 years or so. Two sets of studless Hakkapelitas served me well over many years on my previous '07 CR-V, and I immediately installed a new set Hakkapelita R3 after purchasing my '20 Touring last November. They definitely provide better traction than the Bridgestone Blizzaks I've had, and provide good traction for more of the tread life--the Blizzaks' grip would fall off a cliff after less than 15k miles. I will strongly consider their non-winter tires, including all-weather, for my seasonal tire/wheel swap-out when I need to replace the stock Continentals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you @Kihlevippen My first impression on the Nokian Entyre C/S is that they are so much better at dampening out road noise. The vehicle is able to absorb a lot more bumps than my previous Continentals. Ride is sol much better. Used it in heavy rains and they performed very well (as should be for brand new tires). The only issue I have found is that they are vibrating at lot at 60mph and beyond. I think they need to be balanced. But the ride and grip is phenomenal.
Got the tires rebalanced. The vibration is gone and the tires are now flawless awesome. Ride is so much smoother than my old continental.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts