Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious for input from those who have these installed. My wife's '17 Touring needs tires - the crappy stock ones barely made it 16k and with winter coming, I want her to have grip, I searched and found several "I am getting these" or "I just installed these" posts - but nothing with much detail. I know from my VW groups, that the VW guys love them, but the GTI/R is a much different animal than the CRV, so I was hoping to get some CRV owner feedback before pulling the trigger.

I know that the WRG4 is out but I can't seem to find anyone who has them in the CRV size I need.

Thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live near the base of the rockies so have lots of winter experience.

I've had good experiences with Nokians in the past, so tried the WRG3's on the Camry for a few seasons. They performed well in the dry, and in the snow/ice were better than most all-seasons, but didn't compare well with true winters.

After two winters we had enough of our WRG experiment and went back to dedicated winters.

Take this with a grain of salt. You're weather, road conditions, and the vehicle all influence the experience a bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input. I wanted to avoid dedicated winters for her car since she only does local driving. If the roads are that bad, schools are closed and she really wouldn't need to venture out.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
look at cooper discoverer srx as well. Tire specifically designed as an all season with snow performance being a major point in the design.

Cooper CS5 Ultras are what I had on my 03 V all last year, I was laughing at 4wd trucks struggling in the snow more than I was and that was without me making the 4wd engage. Was pretty impressed by cooper tires and how they design them for truly all season use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in northern michigan. I came from a subaru wrx with bridgestone blizzak tires. Last winter was my first year with my 07 cr-v which came with some 2014 dated nokian wrg3. I was actually pleasantly surprised how well they did in the winter. So much so that i ended up putting a set on my fiancee's escape towards the end of last winter and i just put a fresh set of them on my cr-v for this coming winter. If you're looking for a tire to run year round that will give you decent-good winter confidence, I would definitely recommend the wrg3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and ordered the Nokian's a week ago and had them installed on Wednesday. I'll report back once we get some miles on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts