Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new guy here.
Just bought a '13 CR-V yesterday down in the San Diego region of the state. Buying it was kind of a surprise but we got a smokin' deal and couldn't be happier with it.
Saw it unloaded from the transport truck and were the first to drive it other than the dealer guys who washed it up and took it to the gas station to give it a fill up. Delivery mileage was 2 miles, works for me.
Hope to have this car a good long time and if it works as well as our other Honda's have in the past.
Already ordered splash guards for it but still need to find suitable license plate frames.
Here it is at delivery.
Hope to find this forum useful in keeping our CR-V like new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks good. Best of luck with it. There are some nice accessories for our CR-V's.

I like how it says "perfect" in the ground in front of your car :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hmm, I thought all EX models had roof rails? Since you live in a nice climate I assume you have the FWD version?

I actually like that color. I think I only see 2 on the road where I live.

Most Color CRV I have seen around here: Black, Brown
Pretty Common: Silver, Gray, White
Least Common: Blue
Rare: Greenish Blue, Red

Good Luck with your CRV and hope you get many miles out of it.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!
Will adding splash guards effect my gas mileage?
This is what I've seen recently on the trip info screen, but I added splash guards this morning. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Adding splash guards should not affect mileage. I've added splash guards, running boards, hood deflector and tailgate spoiler and I'm getting same mileage. In my opinion it's all in your driving habits.

Get them if you want them and enjoy it :)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Always nice to see pics added to the thread! :cool:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the looks of the splash guards on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Looks good. I posted pics of the mine in the Northeast CRV section with the running boards and tailgate spoiler if you want to see what that looks like. I think it the tailgate spoiler would look good on yours with that color.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jay, your CR looks nice.
I'm afraid we're in a downsizing mode here so it was a struggle to get the splash guards let alone a spoiler.
I would like to know where you got your Weather Tech stuff though. From their website or is there a go to place that's cheaper. We need a cargo tray bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thank you.

I got my weathertech stuff right from the website. Looked briefly on ebay but they were selling for the same price. Husky liners seem to be about the same price as weathertech. The OEM honda ones seem to be the least expensive but don't know if they are as good as weathertech.

I love the color of your car by the way.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our EX didn't come with a Home Link like my Accord has, so it's back to the ol' opener remote. I hate having stuff clipped to the sun visor so was looking around at alternative places to store the remote. I think I came up with a pretty good one. Don't know if anyone else has done it but thought I'd post a picture of my solution.
A little self-adhesive Vel-Cro and here you have a 'poorman's home link'.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I like that idea. I just clipped my remote on the visor today and took it off because I didn't like how it looked. Getting some velcro tomorrow :) Thanks for the suggestion. Been thinking what I could use that area for. Excellent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts