Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a 2016 Touring. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all the knowledge and experience collected here. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of knowledge on this site. I hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new '16 purchase! Looking forward to your input.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
776 Posts
After 34 yrs of being born and raised in MN, I had to leave the cold and the always disappointing Vikings. Lol

Welcome to the site. Post some pics of the new ride if you get time.
Last time I looked, the 2 starting receivers for your Cardinals are both from the Twin Cities !! The Vikes are on the rebound so buckle up !! We should've beaten the Cards this year !! Craig

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Last time I looked, the 2 starting receivers for your Cardinals are both from the Twin Cities !! The Vikes are on the rebound so buckle up !! We should've beaten the Cards this year !! Craig

You reside in Wisconsin and speak kindly of the Vikings? Isnt that against the law and social norms up there? Lol.

As for the Cardinals or Football in general, I dont watch it anymore since moving South and not being stuck inside durning the winter months.

Last 3 years only game all season I watched, the Super Bowl and thats it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
You reside in Wisconsin and speak kindly of the Vikings? Isnt that against the law and social norms up there? Lol.

As for the Cardinals or Football in general, I dont watch it anymore since moving South and not being stuck inside durning the winter months.

Spent my first 60 years in St Paul and finally decided I'd had enough of the BS of city life. I'm just across the border so it's a half hour to downtown St Paul from here. Wish I had done it long ago actually. I'm in the country so my closest neighbor is about 1/2 mile away which is just fine. I'm inside for the most part in Winter months and you're inside during the Summer months as I doubt you're out cutting the lawn when it's 110 + !! I'll take a few months of inconvenience, but that's just me. Craig

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Spent my first 60 years in St Paul and finally decided I'd had enough of the BS of city life. I'm just across the border so it's a half hour to downtown St Paul from here. Wish I had done it long ago actually. I'm in the country so my closest neighbor is about 1/2 mile away which is just fine. I'm inside for the most part in Winter months and you're inside during the Summer months as I doubt you're out cutting the lawn when it's 110 + !! I'll take a few months of inconvenience, but that's just me. Craig

Few things, we dont have lawns in the high desert, its really nice not having to mow. Next, our summer time absolute high temp, 95 and that is rare. Yes Im 3hrs south of PHX but Im at an altitude of about 4700 feet. I do see snow on the mountains south of town which are around 9,000ft. So actually Im outside yr round.

My last 15yrs in MN were all spent in the TC area suburbs and worked for dealers on both sides of the river and both North and South sides.

I miss the people there, but not the weather. Hot, humid, mosquitoes in the summer and cold and frozen in the winter.

Now I rarely see freezing, which only happens overnight a few times in the winter, and rarely are we above 90 in the summer and have almost no humidity and almost no mosquitos. Plus I dont have to mow a lawn. How win all the way around is that?

People see Arizona and they think everywhere is super hot. To be honest, that couldnt be farther from the truth.

And its easy to tell snow birds from locals. Local will be wearing pant, long sleeve shirt and maybe a light coat. Snow bird, shorts, tee shirt and sandles. Dont need to see a license plate, you can tell bu how they are dressed.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
693705 said:
And its easy to tell snow birds from locals. Local will be wearing pant, long sleeve shirt and maybe a light coat. Snow bird, shorts, tee shirt and sandles. Dont need to see a license plate, you can tell bu how they are dressed.
Man. I can’t wait to be a retired snow bird. I am sooooooo sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Man. I can’t wait to be a retired snow bird. I am sooooooo sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome to come visit if you wish. I did put up GreenMachine from the forum when he did his cross country trip in his V. Id offer the same to you.

BTW, Im not retired, Im only 39 but act much younger but when not seen in person seem much older.

But if ya want, drive down or fly in to Tucson and Ill pick you up. Your more than welcome to stay and get away from the snow.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Had you mentioned where in AZ you lived, I would have responded differently. A former girlfriend and I used to drive down to Patagonia AZ to get away from the "noise" for a week or so. Cute little town with a great restaurant in the motel there - thoroughly enjoyed it. 40's at night and maybe 80 during the day. Absolutely loved it. If I were to relocate to the South, it would definitely be AZ as opposed to FL ! Spent a day at the Pima Air Museum (fascinating) and just cruised the state taking our time. Other than Phoenix and Tucson, I'd go there in a heartbeat !! Enjoy. Craig

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Your welcome to come visit if you wish. I did put up GreenMachine from the forum when he did his cross country trip in his V. Id offer the same to you.
On my way, call you tomorrow, when I land.....:p

I loved GreenMachines story, that was a great Journey, and that was very nice of you.

I’m 53, but am told, I act much younger, or so the wife says...:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts