Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird problem. [pause to let laughter die down.]
I moved my entire .WMA/MP3 library onto a 32GB USB drive.
When I plug the USB drive into the 2015 Honda CR-V Touring Edition, the music system doesn't show all the songs. For example, a couple CDs I just ripped to Windows are on the USB drive when I read it from the computer, but only the first two songs can be selected once plugged into the Honda. The others don't even show up as choices.
One of my albums that I have had on my computer for many years only shows about 70% of the songs on the album. The others are missing.
When I review the file type on my computer in the Properties menu, everything seems to be the same between a song that shows up and a song that doesn't show up.
I have even reformatted my USB drive and transferred everything over fresh, and I have the exact same problem on the exact same songs (so far).

Does anyone know what could be wrong with a specific file from the same CD to make it not show up when the other songs on that same CD show up just fine? Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Two possible reasons:
Most likely you have songs with illegal characters in the name - they might be valid for Window but not for the Honda Entertainment Center.
Also there is a length limit for the full path - if you folder name is too long or the song name is long that will cause it to be dropped. I think it is either 64 characters or 88 characters max file name - any longer and it is not saved for playback.
If a folder hits either condition it stop scanning that folder at the entry.

Also any song with DRM is not playable (Digital Rights management) on the Honda Entertainment Center. That is most Apple iTunes songs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two possible reasons:
Most likely you have songs with illegal characters in the name - they might be valid for Window but not for the Honda Entertainment Center.
Also there is a length limit for the full path - if you folder name is too long or the song name is long that will cause it to be dropped. I think it is either 64 characters or 88 characters max file name - any longer and it is not saved for playback.
If a folder hits either condition it stop scanning that folder at the entry.

Also any song with DRM is not playable (Digital Rights management) on the Honda Entertainment Center. That is most Apple iTunes songs.

Thanks. This is helpful info. I don't have DRM on any of the songs affected, that I can tell. And I will compare file names. But I don't see this problem as generally as I'd expect in light of the above reasons. I may give Honda USA a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts