Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Long time Honda devotee here.

Helped a family friend with a new car purchase and she picked up a brand new 2015 CR-V EX on Friday (4 days ago). While driving it today, she got the following symbols all on her dash.

LisaDash.jpg Needless to say she is very upset that a brand new car with less than a 600 miles on it is doing this. Any idea what could be going on?

She is taking it to dealer, but I'm with her, that a new car certainly shouldnt be doing this.

Any advice is helpful. She has the dealer appointment first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with the outside temp.
Either that or it's had an infantile failure of a major electrical component.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Take that picture with you, if you go along. At least it didn't happen a day after the warranty ran out. :eek:
Sometimes a bad electrical connection or low voltage will cause all kinds of problems.
Definitely needs to be taken back to the Dealer.
Hopefully, she will have many trouble free miles afterwards.
Buffalo4
PS: I have no idea on what those warnings are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
PS: I have no idea on what those warnings are.
From left to right: power steering, vehicle stability assist, TPMS and CEL. Usually you would see them on startup as a 'check' (sort of like our older models where the CEL and SRS lights come on briefly right after you start the vehicle) to let you know the lamps are in working order.

Since they should otherwise only come on if there is a failure in that particular system, I'd think chances are extremely slim that they all failed at once, especially on such a new vehicle. My first guess would be a module issue.

To the OP: any updates?

·
Registered
644 Posts
My first guess would be a module issue.
I would agree. It looks like a CAN communications issue between ECM and another module (PCM/TCM etc). Similar thing happened on my Nissan Juke when the temps were below 0F. VSA and CEL stayed on and the ECM stored multiple DTCs (e.g. U0101). It turned out the TCM went bad and was replaced under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts