Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Honda family, which is really saying something because in all the cars I have owned (about 200 since first licensed in 1970s) none have been a Honda. I stand corrected, in 1978 I bought for $300 one of the first Honda's imported into the U.S. a funky three cylinder little coupe, that was so light some friends as a joke lifted it and put it in another parking spot. Sold it before I went to college, for $75. :banana:

Anyway, I settled my family's estate and decided to buy myself someone nice. My friend needs a car before hers blows up (a 2007 Nizzan Altima), e.g. her car's CVT transmission slipped on a hill, the incline, so it either needs an adjustment, or more likely, it is on the verge of failing. So I told her I would sell her my mint Mazda CX-7 cheap, and buy myself a newer CX-5. But the 2015 CX-5 I was considering did not have a sunroof, which for me was a deal breaker.

I then saw near the CX-% a beaming proud and firm a 2015 Honda CR-V and the rest is history, bought it a few days later. (Salesman would not budge on the price, saying it was on sale at $16K. I believed him because other examples, without AWD and fewer options were being sold for $18K to $22K. Mine is "fully loaded" as the saying goes, has everything except leather seats. And best of all, this is a Honda, rated one of the best car manufacturers in the world. (I have had a few Mazda cars to - a 2003 Mazda 6 for example. I like its cars too.)

For two days I researched the Net for as much info as I could digest about this car and I like what I saw. (Yeah, some people complained about vibration, but that IMO minor issue didn't apply to my manufacture date.)

I look forward to learning all I can about the 2015 CR-V. And I also contribute where I can (e.g.., yesterday I bought all the LED lights to replace the way-too-hot bulbs that come on the stock car. Do you know how many bulbs come on a CR-V, including interior lights, side markers, back-up, tail high, low beams, etc. It is a LOT. I did this on my CX-7. so much better having low-temp, long lasting LED bulbs throughout.) I will share my experience with things like that if I see no one has discussed the subject.

Have to run. Thanks for reading guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pardon the typos guys. Didn't see where I could edit my post. For example, did NOT mean to say "decided to buy myself SOMEONE nice." I guess that sentence would be OK on a Russian mail order bride site, but certainly not here.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Welcome! :Group::party:

We don't care too much about typos and auto-correct issues here. If its something that ruins to point of your posting, edit or post a correction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts