Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
etrailer.com and ecustomhitch.com both are large dealers of hitches and accessories so they are a good place to start your search. With that said, their websites sometimes don't offer their best deals. It can yield benefits to go to Amazon and plug in the item name and part number to see if someone offers a kit (hitch, wiring harness, tongue, ball, pin).

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Hitch-Trailer-02-06-118336/dp/B00CIXGSOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459803939&sr=8-2&keywords=Hitch+87578

This saves $31 versus buying individually (even with the added cost of shipping). One company didn't offer full combo packages and the other place doesn't offer the combo kit on their own website, only at Amazon. Odd. My point is that it can pay to do a little searching.

FYI for future reference - Curt, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and a bunch of other hitch brands are now owned by Cequent (sp?) (who also supplies for U-Haul). You can see the different brands' designs are often exactly the same (e.g. Hidden Hitch and Draw-tite) and probably come out of the same Cequent-related factory. Might as well go for the lower priced one of the same design.

Also, as I wrote in another thread - One word of warning about some Curt hitches, especially when used with things other than a common hitch tongue, you may be required to use a third helper webbed strap because many bike racks and platforms put too much leverage on the Curt design. Download and read the instructional .pdf for any hitch you plan to buy before making the decision because websites often don't include information about things like the third strap. To me, it is worth paying a little more for another brand that doesn't require a strap that attaches to the top edge of the back hatch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
etrailer.com and ecustomhitch.com both are large dealers of hitches and accessories so they are a good place to start your search. With that said, their websites sometimes don't offer their best deals. It can yield benefits to go to Amazon and plug in the item name and part number to see if someone offers a kit (hitch, wiring harness, tongue, ball, pin).

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Hitch-Trailer-02-06-118336/dp/B00CIXGSOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459803939&sr=8-2&keywords=Hitch+87578

This saves $31 versus buying individually (even with the added cost of shipping). One company didn't offer full combo packages and the other place doesn't offer the combo kit on their own website, only at Amazon. Odd. My point is that it can pay to do a little searching.

FYI for future reference - Curt, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and a bunch of other hitch brands are now owned by Cequent (sp?) (who also supplies for U-Haul). You can see the different brands' designs are often exactly the same (e.g. Hidden Hitch and Draw-tite) and probably come out of the same Cequent-related factory. Might as well go for the lower priced one of the same design.

Also, as I wrote in another thread - One word of warning about some Curt hitches, especially when used with things other than a common hitch tongue, you may be required to use a third helper webbed strap because many bike racks and platforms put too much leverage on the Curt design. Download and read the instructional .pdf for any hitch you plan to buy before making the decision because websites often don't include information about things like the third strap. To me, it is worth paying a little more for another brand that doesn't require a strap that attaches to the top edge of the back hatch.
Great post! One thing I came across is with the 3 Class 3 2" receiver hitch, it looks like the helper strap is not required, but is required for anything less than 2".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Class III Curt hitch which came with a hitch pin and hitch cover. I also ordered the light kit. It came to $132 at autoanything.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts