I thought I would post a few notes about my install of the new JL Stealthbox custom fit subwoofer for 2012/13/14 CR-V:
- The included instructions are very clear and easy to follow. You shouldn't have any problems.
- Check the parts. I was missing the 1/4" flat washers and 3/8" lock washer specified in the instructions. Easy to pick up at the local hardware store, but frustrating to be missing parts with a $650 product!
- The instructions don't mention that you need to use a pen or nail to push in on the little button in the center of the plastic fastener to remove the luggage hook and the rear bumper cover.
- You don't have to completely remove the cargo area side panel and you don't have to remove the rear passenger door pieces at all. I was able to get away with only removing the rear bumper cover, luggage hook, cargo hold-down, and seat release lever screws. From there I could pull the side panel away far enough to install the mounting strap per JL's instructions.
- The screws mounting the sub into the box strip easily. I replaced all mine with black "Wall Dog" screws - which work much better than the ones supplied by JL.
- The sub sounds awesome once you get it dialed in. Remember it is wired for 2 ohms and JL recommends at least a 200W amp to light it up. 300W to 400W is best.
- Plan on adding sound dampening/deadener if you really want to turn it up (and you can!).