Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NY state passed a law effective 1/1/2017 thatyou can no longer tint your front passenger and drivers side window of your surburan or crossover vehicle. And if you own a sedan none of this windows can be tinted. If they are you will fail your vehicle inspection. Only if your have medical exemption will you be allowed to do it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIEd4sHHQ0g&spfreload=10

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,583 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I agree with the reasoning for the requirement (explained at ~2:10 in the vid).

<SOAPBOX MODE ON>

In NJ we have similar laws. But the police forces routinely apply dark tint to the front windows of their cruisers! Doesn't seem fair. :(

<SOAPBOX MODE OFF>

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I agree with the reasoning for the requirement (explained at ~2:10 in the vid).

<SOAPBOX MODE ON>

In NJ we have similar laws. But the police forces routinely apply dark tint to the front windows of their cruisers! Doesn't seem fair. :(

<SOAPBOX MODE OFF>
In NYS the police cruisers are not considered motor vehicles, they are considered "emergency vehicles", therefore exempt from those laws. What cracks me up is that they also dark tint their undercover vehicles. You can spot them a mile away!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts