Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Recently purchased both the primary and secondary ngk oxygen sensors for my 2001 crv. The downstream o2 sensor was fairly easy to do with the right tools and leverage. As for the primary upstream sensor I am in a bit of a pickle, not so much of the sensor itself, but the electrical plug. I squeeze my body underneath to do the work and as I was starting to work on the front o2 sensor, I tried to unplug the electrical socket on the sensor but to my surprise I could not do it. There isn't enough room for me to fit both hands in the tight space to unplug it. I understand there is two tabs to press and undue but with only one hand reaching in while laying flat it is extremely difficult to take off in such a tight space. My question is, has anyone struggled with this part of the primary sensor plug or is it just me?

·
Registered
564 Posts
its in a cramped place. I pried the two connectors off the clip,breaking the connector where it goes on the clip of the car, then unplugged the other connector. put the whole thing back and zip tied it

·
Registered
65 Posts
" its in a cramped place. I pried the two connectors off the clip,breaking the connector where it goes on the clip of the car, then unplugged the other connector. put the whole thing back and zip tied it "

what??
just spray penetrating oil to the snensor and use a monkey wrench if you can squeeze it there(yes the red or gray plumbers wrench) to loosen it up, once loosen you can use yout finger tip or nails or a needle nose pliers to actualy press the plug at the right position.

I would rather loosen the whole piping than cutting and hack anything. but to each his own.

the cable is not going to break if you twist it a little. of course if you keep twisting it then guess what.
just loosen it and twist it till you can get a good grip of the release tab.
good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts