Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I am having an issue reading my coolant temperature on my 2018 CR-V. It just doesn't show up. I have used 2 different apps with the same result. Works fine on my 2013 Honda Civic though. Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Can you provide specifics on which OBDII reader you are using, and what apps you are coupling it to?

This would help fellow forum members provide relevant feedback and advice.

In the meantime, it would not surprise me at all that temperature sensor readout hardware is different between a 2013 Civic and a 2018 CRV. Different engines for starters. And some OBDII readers can read more advanced data, and some cannot. So.. need your OBDII and app specifics. :) You may also benefit by reaching out to the maker of the OBDII reader as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps the better question is:

Which Android (or iPhone) app do you use to read coolant temperatures on current generation CR-Vs?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Maybe call the reader manufacturer?

FWIW, I (and several others) use the ScanGauge II OBDII reader. It started displaying engine coolant temp and boost/vacuum the moment I plugged it in. I did have to enter XGauge codes for tranny fluid temp and cold radiator tank displays. I contacted Linear Logic and they emailed me the codes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe call the reader manufacturer?

FWIW, I (and several others) use the ScanGauge II OBDII reader. It started displaying engine coolant temp and boost/vacuum the moment I plugged it in. I did have to enter XGauge codes for tranny fluid temp and cold radiator tank displays. I contacted Linear Logic and they emailed me the codes.

View attachment 137584
could you please list the codes or pm me them...thank you...

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I’ll check to see if I still have the tranny codes. The more I think about it, CT2 was already set up when I bought the ScanGauge II.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Hope this helps.

ScanGauge II (Linear Logic) Tranny Fluid Temp:

TXD. 33F1228220
RXF. C32400000000
RXD. 2808
MTH. 00090005FF08
Name. TFT

Requires Firmware 4.22 up

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
IAT:
PID: 0168
LONG NAME: Intake Air Temp
SHORT NAME: IAT
MIN VAL: -40
MAX VAL: 300
SCALE: x1
UNIT: °C
EQUATION: B-40

ECT:
PID: 0167
LONG NAME: Engine Coolant
SHORT NAME: ECT
MIN VAL: -40
MAX VAL: 300
SCALE: x1
UNIT: °C
EQUATION: B-40

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unfortunately, I have tried this in Torque to no avail. A screenshot in a working version of Torque would be helpful if possible.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Unfortunately, I have tried this in Torque to no avail. A screenshot in a working version of Torque would be helpful if possible.
I will have to install and try on my CRV again, but I just googled the Civic thread for 2016+ and those PIDs have always worked in the past.

·
Registered
356 Posts
May I ask, what is ECT2? Where is the sensor? Thanks.
Not sure where the sensor is. BlueDriver does pick it up.
PID seems to be the same as ECT1, PID: 01 67

The same as with the Intake Air Temperature, there seems to be a Bank 1, Sensor 1 and a Bank 1 Sensor 2
PID: 01 68 for both

1 - 20 of 23 Posts