Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OCR - Speed Limit Signs? Traffic Sign Recognition System

Is it me it seems like the car is "reading" the Speed Limit Signs. Everytime I pass a new speed, the GPS displays the new speed limit sign.
thoughts?

https://honda.com.cy/crv-safety/
Traffic Sign Recognition System
Traffic Sign Recognition System uses the multi-purpose camera to detect road signs whenever the vehicle is moving forward. The system automatically recognises and displays the signs via the i-MID once the vehicle has passed the sign. (intelligent Multi Information Display is the I-MID)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's possible. It is tech that all autonomous vehicles will need to employ, since construction zones and other areas with temporary reduced speed limits come and go and NAV DBs would not know about them. We are all essentially willing guinea pigs for the Honda Sensing autonomous vehicle technology, but since we are constantly notified that we are responsible for operating the vehicle Honda has zero liability if something doesn't work as well as it will need to eventually. Great plan by the automakers! It wouldn't surprise me if the cameras are capable of OCR and the information is fed to the NAV system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Somewhat related, does anyone know of a way to get the dashboard navigation screen show the current speed limit? I generally don't use the built-in nav, but it would be really handy to have the speed limit show up on the dash right with my current speed.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Don't get too excited Notch; the speed limit is totally part of the standard Garmin Nav DB. (It appears on the screen of my Garmin that's five years old... the data's been there a while.) There's no reason to build a fancy OCR setup into a system where the camera just keeps you from ramming other things and keep you centered in the lane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts