Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Loving my black on black Touring, which is why it pains me to acknowledge this odd sound I'm hearing from my iPod.

I have it hooked up via USB on the port next to the CarPlay port. Everything works fine as far as the car "discovering" it and finding songs, etc.

The issue is: Every minute or so, I will hear this odd sound, like a CD skipping type sound. It doesn't even last a second, super quick, but not quick enough for me not to notice it.

I tried a different cable (my wife's iPod nano cable) and experienced the exact same behavior. I tried different the CarPlay USB port, still the same thing.

When I play music through my phone via CarPlay, no skipping. When I listen to my iPod through normal means (headphones or Auxilary through my wife's car), no skipping whatsoever.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I haven't tried my iPod Classic in my CR-V yet, but I've read of another person here who has experienced the same 'skipping' noise. I would call and report it to Honda's Customer Care Center and also report it to your Dealer's service department. Hopefully, there will be a software update for the head unit as it has several other bugs also.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Same here. Mine also was responsible for freezing up my touchscreen and locking up Ipod. I'm leaving it unhooked for now to see if that is truly the culprit. Keep us posted as to what you find out.

2017 Molten Lava Pearl EX-L w/ Nav.

·
Registered
623 Posts
does anyone know if this problem is specific to Ipod classic only or if other ipod versions are experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Very disappointing to hear that. Maybe an upcoming software update will fix it. Can't rely on my service dept. to find anything, they think overinflating tires to 40 psi is normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my iPod Classic 160 GB. Hearing slight interruptions in songs as they're playing. That and my iPod freezes up often should I try to navigate the menu using the touchscreen or Driver Information Interface display controls on the steering wheel. I'm going to call Honda in the morning to report it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 160gb classic does this, more so with lossless audio files. it's like the deck can't process the higher fidelity audio files fast enough? My ipod also freezes up a whole lot. i'm tempted to throw an SSD in there and just load. but Flac file playback has issues as well:(...Will honda listen??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been having similar problems with my iPod Classic 160 GB freezing up with my new EX-L. I've been posting updates on another thread, Anything new w/ Ipod use?. In that thread, Bandito recommended reporting this problem to Honda In-Car Technology Support at (888) 528-7876. If anyone is having similar problems with their iPod, please, please, please give them a call. They won't respond unless/until we tell them there's a problem.

When I first called Honda In-Car Technology Support, I was told to try connecting my iPod to the non-AirPlay port. This didn't work for me - my iPod still locked up after playing 2-3 tracks. When I called again, the rep verified that I had a "supported" iPod (there's a list of these on page 333 of the 2017 CR-V Owners Manual). On verifying that my iPod Classic 160 GB was indeed "supported," I was given a case number and advised to take the vehicle into my local Honda Service Department to have them look at it. I haven't done that yet - I'm hoping that someone else has taken their CR-V in and is willing to share their experience.

If no one pipes up in the next couple of days, I'll take my vehicle in and see what happens...

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 30GB 5th gen ipod won't work at all, my ipod touch will work via bluetooth only. No problem w/ 16GB USB stick.

Too bad - I prefer using the older clickwheel ipod for listening to podcasts because I can easily skip the ads w/o looking at it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Classic works fine but I too think I have the little click sound, will have to keep an ear out.
Which version (size) of the iPod Classic do you have? Also, how many songs do you have on it, and is it PC or Mac formatted? I'm trying to use the 160 GB Classic (I believe it's the 7th generation, released in late 2009) with 2.0.4 firmware, Mac formatted. I have 12,468 tracks on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got off the phone with Honda In-Car Tech Support regarding my iPod freezing up after playing 3 to 4 songs. The individual confirmed my generation of iPod Classic (2009 w/160GB hard drive) should be compatible with the vehicle. He stated the only way to really isolate the problem would be to hook up a second iPod Classic and see if the issue can be duplicated. If it can be then a software reset at the dealership might resolve the problem. Going to have to see if I can track down another iPod Classic from a friend just to see if the problem persists. I have a feeling it probably will. The tech said he was not personally aware of this being an issue. I wasn't issued a case# but told it would be logged and reported to Honda.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Skiman...

I just responded on the other iPod Classic thread to your other question. My wife and I have multiple iPod Classics, and I've tried two of them on my vehicle with the same result. (Both are at firmware version 2.04; iTunes reports that this is the latest firmware available.)

I reported in the other thread that I'd connected an iPod nano and it didn't have the same problems with crashes after 3 to 5 tracks; however, I was accessing the tracks by album rather than by play list (as I was doing on my iPod Classic). I'm currently testing to see if my iPod Classic is stable when I select tracks by album or artist...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts