Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tow my 2014 CRV behind a motorhome and notice that, unlike friends who have the same car being towed, the odometer accumulates miles during towing. Any ideas on the disparity?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Is it possible that you are leaving the key on and they are not? I have no idea how it works, but my guess would be some electronics are involved so maybe if everything is turned off theirs is not registering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm leaving the key in the position directed by the owner's manual. I just can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Do your friends also "flat tow" like yourself or use a dollie or trailer to put the car on?

Flat towing from what Ive seen adds miles sorry to say. I assume you have the key forward and use a brake buddie of some sort is the reason.

·
Registered
453 Posts
We flat towed a 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L for over 55,000 miles behind our Fleetwood Discovery Motorhome. The Honda never accumulated milage on the odometer. Recently I finished setting up our new to us 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L for flat towing, but unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. When we do, I will certainly pay attention to the odometer.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Well, I'm leaving the key in the position directed by the owner's manual. I just can't figure it out.
That is : In the Accessory position, I believe. Is that what you do?
Curious.
Buffalo4
PS: Perhaps more googling may find the answer to prevent that, maybe even pulling a fuse.

·
Registered
453 Posts
When you leave "the key in the position directed by the owners manual", is the dashboard instrument panel display lit up? On my 2014, only the i-MID display is visible, but the instrument panel speedometer and tachometer and odometer are all dark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts