Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wondered about mileage on a vehicle you were interested in ? This is what they should look like even at over 216,000 miles plus. This is a ONE OWNER never tampered with. If you don't see the consistency in the alignment of the number's, do yourself a favor and walk away. Just wanted to share what acrually goes on in the auto industry. JMHO good luck.
David g.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I will have to disagree, I have had two vehicles I purchased new that as the miles accumulated, the numbers didn't line up straight across. Now with digital, it isn't possible for misalignment.

FWIW, just because they align, doesn't mean they haven't been tampered with. I used to shuttle cars back and forth to auto auctions for a friends dad, we would pick them up one week at one auction and a few weeks later take the same vehicle to another auction with 30-50k less miles on them and the numbers aligned straight as an arrow. He was busted and spent time in Leavenworth for odometer tampering because a dealer who had sold a car bought the same one at a later auction with many fewer miles.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People have access to software to make corrections in digital odometers. I certantanily did not mean to discredit anyone, I merely made a statement of NORMAL ACCURACY within the operation of any vehicle odometer system. Some may have exception as well as their opinion of this factial find in the automobile market today. That's JMHO, and hopefully someone may eliminate a bad situation in the future and remember reading this..
David g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts