Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody here that get an OE style Cross bar for the V? I'm going to 2500 mile trips,and considering get a crossbar for the Extra Luggage,but can't decide between OE style or OEM. The price differential is huge, OE is about $75 to $99.99 where OEM is about $175. Just wondering if the OEM worth the price or just perform same like OE style.. Car is 14 EX-L with factory side rail btw... Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
As for quality, I bought the knock-off OE styled cross bars for my 2007 and they seem to be plenty sturdy and likely of a similar quality as the OEM bars. Unless you want the brand name, just go with the OE styled. Find a pair with a similar weight capacity rating as the OEM bars.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for quality, I bought the knock-off OE styled cross bars for my 2007 and they seem to be plenty sturdy and likely of a similar quality as the OEM bars. Unless you want the brand name, just go with the OE styled. Find a pair with a similar weight capacity rating as the OEM bars.
Thanks for the Info. Is the OE Styled make wind noise?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mine make minor wind noise above 50 MPH, but not very loud. I think the OEM would make the same amount of noise as OE styled since they are identical in shape and form. I wouldn't worry about the weight difference. 125 lbs is more weight than it seems. It's equal to 3 bags of water softener salt (40 lbs each). They likely underrate the weight capacity/strength to protect themselves too. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
143 Posts
yes. Noise transfers into cabin also. I have tried various fixes to no avail. I think the V needs more sound isolation between the OE tires and the overall design.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the answer.. I did get the OE style and put it on for about 1 month... Drive my V 2500 mile round trip to Minnesota, but i didn't notice any differential in MPG or wind noise. So far i'm pretty satisfied with it.. PS : i just install the Xbar,not putting any luggage on it yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.