Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, how are you?

As you all must know, the 2007 CR-V A/C compressor is a pain in the a***. In my case, this is the second time that mine goes off, it means replacing almost all the system: condenser, compressor and (in this particular case) the evaporator. I've been searching around and found that the problem is the size of the condenser (or the evaporator I don't recall right now): it's too small, and as a result to that the compressor engages more often, wearing and melting the bearings.

I found the Denso 471-7056 compressor. You can find it on Amazon. I posted the URL here, but the system said "you are not jet a rude enough dude on this forum, so you can't post links".

As we all know, Denso is a good manufacturer. It produces some parts for Honda and Toyota and their products are good quality. I was wondering if any of you guys has any idea or information about the performance of this compressor. Money is not big deal for me on this particular case, I mean, I prefer to expend 100$ bucks more if I have to buy the OEM part, but my point is: if this compressor is Denso, did they fixed the bearing melting problem?

In addition to that, I found on the Internet that Honda added a solution to the clutch that it is supposed to fix the wearing problem, but I would to find out more information. I really want to get ride of this problem.

Thank you for your knowledge and guidance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Otto, thanks for your quick response.

The RV compressor is not Denso, it is really sad, but it is another brand. In fact, I buy my parts on the page you posted jejejejejejeje...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Is it possible to send me a link to Amazon. I know that Denso is one of the best when it comes to a/c compressor. I am surprised to learn that the OEM is not a Denso. Just for your info. The true name of Denso is Nippondenso. Does Amazon have other name for the CRV of your year? Let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The technician told me it was sad that the CRV compressor was not Denso. I have in my hand the new clucth designed by Honda with the wearing tear, and I hope it works. Honda has a really big fail on this issue.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I have looked at Amazon.com there is another brand that I recognized that is also pretty good name & quality. The name brand Sanden.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Thanks for the link. I agree with you Honda cheaped out on the compressor on their a/c. Good luck on the hunt for a good a/c compressor. I know that Denso will be of good quality. For the price its not much of a big difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts