Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a cargo floor cover, either oem or Weathertech I guess.

Can anyone please comment on the quality of the oem cover? Saw a review that said it is thin and flimsy and came folded with creases.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My oem cargo floor cover is rather thin and had some creases from being packaged for shipping. I laid it out in the sun and it straightened out. No permanent creases. It has raised edges and will protect from spills and dirt in the cargo area. I am satisfied with my purchase. I have not seen a Weathertech cargo cover, so I cannot compare the two.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased a WeatherTech cargo liner today and will be happy to report back what I think about it. It sounded like it might take a week or so to deliver it tho'. I bought the OEM cargo liner in my last CR-V and was unimpressed. Very thin and it slide around like crazy when I loaded something heavy in the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a weathertech cargo mat in my 2013 Escape- it was well made but slid around quite freely. My 17 CR-V came with the oem cargo mat installed by the dealer- it seems to be about the same caliber product. It does fit well with the cargo floor in the lower position and maybe this will help keep it from sliding around...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have the OEM mat and yes, its thin. But it also fits well and works well so I can not complain. I have not tried the WeatherTech. I will look at my brother's, he has the WT one and seems to like it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the weatherech liners for the driver and the passenger. I have the OEM for 2nd row and cargo. Yeah. Their thin. But they do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the Honda mats at the dealer when I took delivery, no waiting. The cargo mat as well as the rear passenger mat have a lip all the way around to contain liquids and debris. The front driver and passenger mats don not have a lip along the front edge which is a little disappointing. So there is potential for stuff to leak over the front edge. Overall the mats work and fit well. They seem to be of good quality. The cargo mat came in a box unfolded. The rear passenger mat may have been folded but fitted perfectly when installed, no creases. I may post photos later if I have time. I also believe the Honda are a little less expensive than the Weathertech.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the OEM Honda cargo tray.. its fine but a bit light and thin as others have mentioned. I am a weathertech fan for many years, but this was thrown into our deal as a free option. If I buy all season mats will definitely buy w-tech

1 - 9 of 9 Posts