Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Does the EX have HIDs or halogens????

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The Touring LED headlight assemblies are different than the EX halogen headlights.

The Touring headlight assemblies list for US $1,015 each.
The EX headlight assemblies list for US $506 each.

And I have to believe the headlight wiring connectors are different, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are considering the swap, one option is to buy from HardTopGuy, as the new headlights also come with a harness (sorry, won't allow me to post a link, just do a google search for HardTopGuy)

I can't vouch for the CRV harness, but I had bought the Touring Headlights for @ that time my 2013 Accord EX-L, everything worked without a problem (including the harness) and worked fine for approx 4 years until I traded in the Accord.

·
Registered
2016 EX urban silver metallic ,
9 Posts
Thank you so much for your response. I'm glad I didn't jump to quick...
I replaced my 2016 CR-V EX halogens with LED’S I bought from Amazon. I have been very happy with them and can see very well at night now. I considered not driving at night because I couldn’t see anymore, night blindness they call it.
There are many types of LED bulbs out there, it just takes some due diligence to find what will work for you.....read reviews.
My bulbs were “Mostplus 6000K led headlight kit from Amazon, they work great.
I have never had anyone flash me saying that my lights were to bright or out of alignment. I bought both the low beam and the high beam H4/H11 I believe.
I have had them for a year with no issues. I keep the OEM bulbs in the glove box just in case something happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts