Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I have always wanted to install the OEM Running Boards on my 2004 Honda CRV LX. After a long search I found a well-kept set that were taken off from an '06 EX.
Thanks to an awesome video on YouTube by discjunkietv, I learned about all the parts of the assembly and this forum.
Unfortunately, the running boards I got are missing part of the hardware (Brackets B and C and the bolts). I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or know where to order the mounting rackets.

Thank you in advance!

RB.jpg

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I found the installation instructions here:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII26138.pdf

It lists the original Honda part number as: 08L33-S9A-100
I searched for that on my favorite Honda parts site (hondapartscheap.com), and it listed all of the part numbers for the individual pieces, but said none of them are available for sale.

But, using the individual part numbers I found on the hondapartscheap.com, I did a Google search on one of the brackets (Bracket Set, L Side Step - Honda (08L33-S9A-1A0R3)) and it showed up as available at several websites.
I checked another Honda parts site and it listed the price as $26.51. I also see a "Bracket Set" part number in the install instructions without any L or R reference, so I looked for that one and also found it for $56.65 on the same site.

So I'd look at the installation instructions and figure out what part numbers you need, and then contact the site to see if they actually have the parts:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the installation instructions here:

LinkDeny

It lists the original Honda part number as: 08L33-S9A-100
I searched for that on my favorite Honda parts site (hondapartscheap.com), and it listed all of the part numbers for the individual pieces, but said none of them are available for sale.

But, using the individual part numbers I found on the hondapartscheap.com, I did a Google search on one of the brackets (Bracket Set, L Side Step - Honda (08L33-S9A-1A0R3)) and it showed up as available at several websites.
I checked another Honda parts site and it listed the price as $26.51. I also see a "Bracket Set" part number in the install instructions without any L or R reference, so I looked for that one and also found it for $56.65 on the same site.

So I'd look at the installation instructions and figure out what part numbers you need, and then contact the site to see if they actually have the parts:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help!
After many searches and filtering results, it seems what I actually need is part 08L33-S9A-100R1 (the bracket set and not the whole assembly). In the process of locating a US vendor who has it, if any.
Thanks again!
Happy New Year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts