Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Cr-V 4WD EX-L
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2007 and I wanted to know of a way to find out the OEM spark plugs make and model. I know, it seems rudimentary, but there are several options and choices for replacement plugs, so I wanted to compare some to the OEM recommended plugs.

Thanks!

And I feel like a noob when using the search bar in the upper right, it doesn't bring up stuff when I search for it. It went to a blank page. I wanted to search the sub-forum as well, not the whole site. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
You want the NGK #6994 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (IZFR6K-11). I've put those in both of our '09s, and either the NGK or Denso plugs are considered OEM for our CR-Vs.

DO NOT ever use Bosch parts. I had a ceramic insulator shatter in one cylinder of our Civic (previous owners put those Bosch trash spark plugs in, not us) and ruined the cylinder head. So that Bosch ends up costing me about $400 in parts to fix it, and probably a week of my spare time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Since the plugs only need to be changed every 100k I wouldn't even waste my time trying to find another brand.
Just go with the OEM, if there's a problem then it's on Honda.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Ah I see, also, any torque specs on those coil bolts or cover?
Yep! Got 'em for ya.

Cover nuts: 7.2 ft-lb
Coils: 8.8 ft-lb
Spark plugs: 13 ft-lb

The service manual also recommends a small amount of anti-seize compound on the threads before inserting the plugs. (No idea what kind of anti-seize compound, though.) That said, I've never used it and haven't had issues.

Source--factory service manual, pg. 4-18 to 4-19.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts