Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
any good sites for tourist in florida for off roading???:D staying in clermont :D but would like a day out off road in the mud!!!:cool:
Florida, being almost at zero to 10 feet in elevation above sea level for about 80% of the state, combined with frequent thunderstorms means LOT's of MUD! :)

Just beware of alligators.... :eek:

What kind of vehicle will you be driving while visiting?

Florida folks - Help him find some off-road spots!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Muddin' in Florida

any good sites for tourist in florida for off roading???:D staying in clermont :D but would like a day out off road in the mud!!!:cool:
Truthfully, I haven't played in the mud for quite some time. Last time I can recall, the ex saw this 'harmless' wet patch in our path. The sun was going down, the mosquitos were trying to take me away, and I advised he NOT do it. I was tired, hot and icky. Well, that was a dare!!! He set his sight for the patch, rev'd the engine and tooook off. Half way through the patch, we SANK. And sank. And sank. The mud came all the way to the bottom of the doors. He got out, and sank. Black muck to just below his hips. Real black. After trying his best, he decided to take off for the highway (we were about 2 miles deep in the woods). I stayed in the jeep, and waited, and waited in pitch black darkness. All kinds of horrible things came to mind, I was getting scared. I was hotter, dirtier, and yes the mosquitoes almost succeeded...when two headlights came toward me. I nearly lost it, these were the headlights of a very large truck. A semi (no cargo). I thought my time had come and I was going to die. When all of a sudden the ex appeared from the cab, he actually looked worried too. Well we were pulled out by this very nice fellow who obviously was headed home, but somehow seemed to appreciate 'our' efforts. So, nope, don't know of any more spots, lost touch .

However, if you're still bent on muddin', Clermont has tons backroads. You just got to do some exploring. Do be careful of the private property, we had been shot at. Protective lot!

Be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ocala National Forest has many "jeep" trails which are typically quite docile. Mostly dry/clay roads for main access to trails which many lead to small lakes. Lots of shrub pines and oaks so be prepared for scratches on the paint. Only about an hour northeast of Clermont.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts