Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night and after a two and a half hour delivery session with my salesperson, my wife and I left our local Honda dealership with a brand new 2010 CRV EXL with Navi. What an exciting feeling as this is our first vehicle which to us is more upscale than we've ever had. We traded in our Saturn 2004 L-300 that had all sorts of quality control issues. I am starting to go through all the material/manuals/booklets we were given as there is lots to learn. Thankfully, we seem to have a good group of knowledgeable people on this forum and I will seeking your guidance and opnions in future I am sure.

The overall buying experience was actually quite enjoyable and our saleslady was extremely gracius and helpful. In fact one of things that impressed was how friendly and happy the staff was. Must admit, after 15 years of being a loyal Saturn custoner and loyal to our local Saturn dealer, I will miss how well they treated us. Their customer service was second to none and here's hoping the good folks at Whitby Honda will be no different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the Honda family!

I can't vouch for your dealer, but you should be very happy with your car. I am on my 5th Honda vehicle - they just work and are a pleasure to operate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you and quite the endorsement being on your 5th Honda. Look forward to many years of happy motoring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's the list of what I had and how long I had them:
  • '93 Acura Integra - 92,000+ miles; got rear-ended/totalled.
  • '98 Acura Integra - Replaced above. 94,000+ miles; traded in on RSX in '01
  • '02 Acura RSX-S - still my daily driver; at 94,000+ miles.
  • '02 Honda S2000 - bought used in '05 with <11,000 miles; sold last year cause my wife I needed to free up the payment money. :'(
  • '10 Honda CRV-EX - replacing my wife's '02 Hyundai Sante Fe
The only irksome issues I've had with any of the above was on my RSX which has had the rear wheel bearings replaced twice (once under warranty and again last year). Not sure what that's all about, but it might have to do with my hauling my drums around all the time (although I'm not exceeding the weight limits). My '93 Integra had just had the CV joints replaced, valves adjusted and a fresh set of tires put on a week before it got totaled. It was running great and at the time I was bummed to lose it.

My '98 teg had zero issues; I just got bored with it and wanted the RSX.

S2000 was my dream car and when my friend's mom offered to sell me hers at an amazing price, I couldn't refuse. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford having a third (pleasure) car so we had to sell it. It was amazing though.

If you change the oil regularly and keep up with the other scheduled services you'll be a happy camper for a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts