Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
If anybody wants to chime in with their experiences, please do but I just got off the phone with Gus at Tire Rack and he gave me a good tutorial on how the offsets work, what to watch for, etc. So I'm ok now and not nearly as paranoid as I was when I started this thread.
Whew it's a relief...I just don't want to put myself in a position where I cause higher maintenance/repairs costs because of something I did...they are expensive enough as it is when you can't do them yourself.
Thanks

Hi all,
Sigh, what a pain in the ass.
Does anybody know the offset of the 2012 V LX 16" factory wheels?
I'm still going back and forth on what wheels to buy because of the offset and some of the things I've read regarding excessive bearing wear, etc. if the offset is too much. So I'm not going to spend the money on wheels until I am secure in the thoughts that the wheels I buy will not cause problems, excessive wear, etc.

Info is greatly appreciated.
I have done a lot of searches but alas no hard facts...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all,
If anybody wants to chime in with their experiences, please do but I just got off the phone with Gus at Tire Rack and he gave me a good tutorial on how the offsets work, what to watch for, etc. So I'm ok now and not nearly as paranoid as I was when I started this thread.
Whew it's a relief...I just don't want to put myself in a position where I cause higher maintenance/repairs costs because of something I did...they are expensive enough as it is when you can't do them yourself.
Thanks

Hi all,
Sigh, what a pain in the ass.
Does anybody know the offset of the 2012 V LX 16" factory wheels?
I'm still going back and forth on what wheels to buy because of the offset and some of the things I've read regarding excessive bearing wear, etc. if the offset is too much. So I'm not going to spend the money on wheels until I am secure in the thoughts that the wheels I buy will not cause problems, excessive wear, etc.

Info is greatly appreciated.
I have done a lot of searches but alas no hard facts...
I think its +50. safe offset will be +45 to +38 just keep in mind the rims width as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts