Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive a 2002ex, and I am about to buy OEM cr-v 17x6.5 wheels with an offset of 50mm. I believe that the offset on my stockers is 45mm?
Can anyone tell me if there will be a problem with them? I am pulling the trigger tomorrow, if all is good.

- And it need not be said.... I will post before and afters!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
My gen 2.5 EX is i believe 55mm. I put on some I know it to be 45mm offset OEM 17x7 and the fit perfect. Wheels actually weren't so in the wheel well.

Here was a test fit pic on mine. Yes I know it needs a bigger tire. This is my spare for my Prelude. I have 5 for that car and so far have only aquired 4 of 5 for the V.

Are you going with a CR-Z wheel as those are the only 6.5 wide OEM Honda wheel I can think of.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply and the pic too! The wheels I am looking at are on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381227270186?euid=f0b7308163c942e79023d3545d165f54&cp=1

I have an agreement for 107.00 usd each free shipping for five of them. Do you think that the seller is mistaken about the offset?
Would the 7" width be better? I have seen a similar wheel off of an Accord that is 7" wide... I am intending to run 225/60r17

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If it was me and I was planning on running a 225 wide tire I wouldnt run under a 7 inch wide rim. But thats me.

The seller should know all the specs of the rims as its all stamped into the back sides of the spokes. Everything but the model it came off of is on the back side.

Most if not all 17 inch Accord wheels have an offset of 55 which for me is too high and the wheels are completely inside the wheel well.

The ones I have are a 17x7 Acura wheel with an offset of 45. Look at the pic above, that is a 215 wide tire on a 7 inch wide wheel. (Neverind the side wall, its a 45 series tire on the wheel. It actually belongs to this.)

Im putting the same wheels on the V. I have a set currently in transit. Still need tires but am getting 215/60R17 Geolanders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your 'lude, and that garage...! I'm now in communication with a guy who has Acura cl wheels that are 17x8x45mm. Do you think the 8 inch width is too wide? I'm having trouble finding a wheel I like that works....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I THINK they would but do NOT take that as a definite answer.

Are they the 10 spoke wheel? If so they are a very nice looking wheel.

Mine are from the 05-06 RSX-S.

Dont be fooled by the 02-04 RSX-S wheels. Those are only a 16 inch and were available on all 02-04 RSX's wether the Type-S or Base model.

Here is a pic of the 2 side by side.

I had 5 of those too but sold them to a local guy who put them on his 03 LX CR-V. Sorry to say I dont have pics though.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Just checked an online conversion chart, 225mm, which is the width of the tire you want to run, is equal to 8.858 267 716 5 inches.

That being said, I would rather run a 7 or 8 inch wide wheel over that 6.5 inch wheel this thread was started on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for all of the help, guys! The wheel calculator really is useful.
I've got an offer in for some Acura wheels on ebay, we'll see...

<re-edit> They're on their way!
Thanks folks, I really needed a little help. I will upload a couple of pics after the 16th sometime. I can't see getting my act together before then.

$_57.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honda4, Stealth, and 13CRV - Thankyou! I'm going to let that typo stand, as it reflects my current state pretty well.
I am amped. I wanted to say I got my rims today, and they freaking fit. Honestly I was surprised. I was already plotting on who was going to buy them when they didn't fit, but... actually a little room to spare. I will post a pic of the clearance with a measurement of the room left, when I get the tires mounted.
And so thanks you guys for the mental support. Is this the first 2nd gen with 8"rims on this forum? I couldn't find any evidence. Tires come on the 17th. Cooper CS4 225/55/17.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Honda4, Stealth, and 13CRV - Thankyou! I'm going to let that typo stand, as it reflects my current state pretty well.
I am amped. I wanted to say I got my rims today, and they freaking fit. Honestly I was surprised. I was already plotting on who was going to buy them when they didn't fit, but... actually a little room to spare. I will post a pic of the clearance with a measurement of the room left, when I get the tires mounted.
And so thanks you guys for the mental support. Is this the first 2nd gen with 8"rims on this forum? I couldn't find any evidence. Tires come on the 17th. Cooper CS4 225/55/17.
:cool: Don't forget the pics when you get them mounted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well.... the guy at the tire shop would not mount my wheels. He says that there is not enough clearance between the tire and the strut tower. Does that make sense? I mean, if they are not touching, what would be the problem? I just saw a gen 1 with 17x8 45mm offset TL wheels on another forum - no issues. Is there a difference between the G1 and the G2 regarding offset or the strut towers? I'm pretty tempted to have two mounted up and try to fit them myself.
I'm going to go take an angry nap. I want these to work out so bad!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Well.... the guy at the tire shop would not mount my wheels. He says that there is not enough clearance between the tire and the strut tower. Does that make sense? I mean, if they are not touching, what would be the problem? I just saw a gen 1 with 17x8 45mm offset TL wheels on another forum - no issues. Is there a difference between the G1 and the G2 regarding offset or the strut towers? I'm pretty tempted to have two mounted up and try to fit them myself.
I'm going to go take an angry nap. I want these to work out so bad!
The tire shop claims they wont fit before the tires are even mounted to the wheels?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They mounted one. They guy put one on the left front and couldn't fit his hand between the tire and the strut tower. Based on that measurement, he felt like it would be a problem. I've dropped the wheels and tires at another tire shop, and am about to go out and pick them up. I know that I may be wasting more money by getting them mounted but at this point I'm feeling like just pushing forward until I know one way or another for sure.
I'm going to take some before pics and try to install...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
100_2328.jpg 100_2327.jpg 100_2325.jpg PlateEdit.jpg These are taken at the abandoned strip mall where I do my auto maintenance. So sorry, but I got all revved up and didn't remember to take before pics until I put one wheel on already, then I figured that you guys already know what a bone stock 2002ex looks like anyway.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
They mounted one. They guy put one on the left front and couldn't fit his hand between the tire and the strut tower. Based on that measurement, he felt like it would be a problem. I've dropped the wheels and tires at another tire shop, and am about to go out and pick them up. I know that I may be wasting more money by getting them mounted but at this point I'm feeling like just pushing forward until I know one way or another for sure.
I'm going to take some before pics and try to install...
Most people wouldn't be able to fit their hand between the strut and tire even on a OE tire/wheel.

Nice combination!
I like the wheel flush to the panel look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts