Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Maintenance reminder displayed a B2 maintenance reminder yesterday. It says I need to change the oil/filter and air filter. When I checked the Oil Life remaining says I have 60% remaining. Any idea why it is saying I need to change the oil this soon? Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My Maintenance reminder displayed a B2 maintenance reminder yesterday. It says I need to change the oil/filter and air filter. When I checked the Oil Life remaining says I have 60% remaining. Any idea why it is saying I need to change the oil this soon? Thanks.
Do you have a 2017 or 2018? If so, have you had the "fix" done? Apparently Honda has increased the frequency of required oil changes once the "fix" has been applied. However, you would expect that to happen at 0%.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello,
If I understand this correctly, you do not have to change your oil or do any maintenance yet. Only when the oil life reaches 15%.
The code appears early under the Maintenance “wrench” page of the driver info display (in the dashboard) to give you heads up of what kinda work your vehicle will need on your next visit to the dealer. That has been my experience with my 2017 CRV.
Now if the B2 reminder is popping up as an error message that beeps and comes on top of whatever you are displaying in the dash every time you start the CRV, then you better take in to the dealer soon.

Chinook

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,758 Posts
Let's see pictures

·
Registered
191 Posts
1. How many miles since your last oil change? Total miles on the car?
2. Where do you live? What conditions do you drive in? (temperatures, short or long drives, dusty, etc)
3 What model do you have? (Engine size matters)
4. Have you ever checked the oil level via the dipstick? (after you fill up) What does it show relative to the full mark? Smell like (gas)?
5. Ever looked at the oil filter condition?

Some of those reminders are programmed to make money for the dealer. Some of the suggested items may be needed. But it all depends on the answers to the above. For example, the condition of the air filter would determine the need for a new one. Something you can check. Phoenix heat and Flagstaff snow says more frequent oil changes. Not a bad idea to change the oil filter when you do. The amount of liquid in the sump and its composition points to how frequent you change the oil.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
If you manually flip to the MM page on the instrument panel, it is simply displaying the next service due, as of that time. (E.g. if you just did an A service, it'll say "B" before you've even left the parking lot.). You don't actually have to perform it until it says "Service Due Soon", or whatever the exact wording is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts