Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am writing this for my daughter.
This is 2013 CRV from a dealer in Gatineau.
She had an oil change shortly before leaving to visit us in Florida about 2400 kms.
Shortly before her return trip I checked her oil level and found that she was at least one liter short.
I took the car into an oil change shop and had the API 0-20 oil and filter replaced.
On her return trip after only 1200 kms. She had burned through 2 litres of oil.
According to my calculations it would take 5 litres of oil for the 2400 km return trip.
The car has about 68,000 kms. She paid 40,000$ can for this car.
Am I stupid or is there something really wrong here?

·
Registered
111 Posts
bbuzz, suggest you use search function on this site -put in- oil consumption, you will find lots of info -some posts from me -there may be some things you can do -there is a known warranty extension for this problem from Honda due to sticking oil rings, good luck

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
When you checked the oil that is left after the oil went low. What was the condition ? Is it dark in colour & smell burnt? As what what Bobcat20 is referring to sticking oil rings. Did your daughter got the car brand new? Let us know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you checked the oil that is left after the oil went low. What was the condition ? Is it dark in colour & smell burnt? As what what Bobcat20 is referring to sticking oil rings. Did your daughter got the car brand new? Let us know.
The car was a demo, low kms. From the dealer. The oil was dark when I checked but was at 60% wear level remaining. I did not smell the oil. The engine oil light did not come on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Latest

Vehicle is at the dealer in Roanoke Va, it no longer holds oil. Now there is a discussion between the US dealer and the Canadian dealer to see what will be done. The US dealer is talking about shipping the car back to Canada, if he does any work Honda may not cover under the warranty. There is black grease and soot in the exhaust pipe, no leaks under the car. We should find out in the next few hours what will transpire. The vehicle is no longer drivable. It fell into the safe mode as she drove into the dealership.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Vehicle is at the dealer in Roanoke Va, it no longer holds oil. Now there is a discussion between the US dealer and the Canadian dealer to see what will be done. The US dealer is talking about shipping the car back to Canada, if he does any work Honda may not cover under the warranty. There is black grease and soot in the exhaust pipe, no leaks under the car. We should find out in the next few hours what will transpire. The vehicle is no longer drivable. It fell into the safe mode as she drove into the dealership.
so what was the outcome,,,,did it get fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts