Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
For those of you that change your own oil & transmission fluid I came up with a better locking system for the aluminum shield under the car than the push and twist pins. The push/ twist pin and mount will wear out over time and need replacing. I switched over 3 years ago to a threaded U Nut, Bolt & Washer on my 17 & 19 CRV’s and it works great.
The old mount will slide out of it’s holding using a screwdriver then slide in the new U Nut in place of it. You may have to spread open the new U bolt a bit with a screwdriver to get it to slide in.
You MUST use a hand tool such as a socket wrench (NO Air or Power Tools) every time to remove and install the bolt – Do Not crank on the bolt when installing – Hand tighten and snug up with a quarter/ half turn - The mount is plastic so DO NOT Overtighten

I was able to get everything at Lowes – I’m sure any hardware will have these common items
QTY 6 Each:
5/16” - 18 U Nut
5/16” -18 x ¾” Stainless Bolt
10MM Stainless Flat Washer
Wood Hardwood Flooring Font Fashion accessory
Wood Screw Body jewelry Jewellery Landscape
Wood Grey Water Guitar Flooring
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Line Font Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant
Product Font Circle Screenshot Terrestrial plant
Font Screenshot Auto part Multimedia Brand

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,962 Posts
Great upgrade for the DIYer.

The only concern though is now if it ever is serviced by a service provider I bet you do may not get all the parts back, as they may drop or lose one during the change. With the standard fittings they just pull some more out of their bin and replace them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts