Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

2741 - 2756 of 2756 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone used this service to measure Oil Dilution? If so, do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's fine, the number of pages of pointless posts it's too dang high as it is.

Hell we have had several pages of pointless LSPI posts.

We still need members to do real testing, but it seems like that is pretty much over.

Thread probably needs a solid lock to let everyone go do something else in life. There is nothing new and no Honda news.
Thanks UMRdyldo, I know that. I didn’t need to be told to stay on topic by someone like that.

Starting back 138 pages ago anyone can see I have contributed as much as anyone towards this issue by reporting my experiences with dip stick readings, cabin heat readings, input I received from a Honda engineer on the topic, reports from a variety of sources on the topic, my results from having the fix done, my experience with oil and heat afterwards, and my suggestions on how I am dealing with it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thanks UMRdyldo, I know that. I didn’t need to be told to stay on topic by someone like that.

Starting back 138 pages ago anyone can see I have contributed as much as anyone towards this issue by reporting my experiences with dip stick readings, cabin heat readings, input I received from a Honda engineer on the topic, reports from a variety of sources on the topic, my results from having the fix done, my experience with oil and heat afterwards, and my suggestions on how I am dealing with it.
Yes you did and we need the mods to encourage that behavior again or lock this out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the discussion has run out of steam and all that can be said has been said. Corporate Honda has seen this and other quality issues hit them were it hurts - in profits and reputation - and they are now trying to take corrective action. Unlike Honda Canada, Honda USA just wanted the problem to go away and stood in the way of any meaningful solution way too long. As for the longevity of these engines only time will tell but for now the wear issues everyone is concerned about have not surfaced.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Does anyone know what page numbers of this thread I can find discussion about the shutter grille?
These two things have never been linked together. You should look in the discussions related to lack of heat. I seem to remember talk in one of those threads regarding the shutters.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Does anyone know what page numbers of this thread I can find discussion about the shutter grille?
At the top you will see a box with "Search Community". Type "grill shutters" or "active shutters", etc. You can then sort by Most Relevant or Most Recent or do an Advanced Search which will give you more options.

This thread may also help:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope everyone is doing well, and that nobody decides to close the thread.

I’ve summarized some points below:
1) Wow, there are nearly 3k posts on this thread. There is a lot of time many of you have invested. Which has undoubtedly helped further the conversation about oil dilution. We should all acknowledge each other and respect each other for this accomplishment.
2) Honda Canada and Honda USA did what many of us thought they would do. Everyone’s contribution here certainly played a role.
3) There is a lot of work that still needs to be done. I believe we need more data. I maybe wrong but I’ve seen no more than 10 UOA on a 3k post thread about OD. There’s something wrong about that. Everyone who has OD and is involved in this thread can easily upload their UOA. I’m certain many people have them but don’t post them.
4) Many of you have heard of a youtube channel called ProjectFarm. He’s done many tests involving various motor oils and the oil’s performance. He is objective, thorough, and experienced in these types of tests. I recommend you go to this link below and comment or like my suggestion of testing for the effects of OD at various fuel %. If he sees interest he is more likely to conduct the test. This test should tell us a)If fuel %’s over 5% results in linear wear. b) characteristics of the oil when diluted c) What happens to a small engine facing OD.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
At the top you will see a box with "Search Community". Type "grill shutters" or "active shutters", etc. You can then sort by Most Relevant or Most Recent or do an Advanced Search which will give you more options.

This thread may also help:
Thanks, but searching does not isolate specific posts in a specific thread. I wanted to read about it in context as it related to OD, and there are a lot of pages to scan manually one by one in order to find that in this thread.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Thanks, but searching does not isolate specific posts in a specific thread. I wanted to read about it in context as it related to OD, and there are a lot of pages to scan manually one by one in order to find that in this thread.
It is not related to OD, which is why you can't find any posts in this thread.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Since it affects airflow to the radiator, which in turn influences the operating temperature of the engine, it can be relevant to OD. That's why I was asking if it had been discussed.
What is relevant to OD is whether the engine is operating at temperture or not.

Slow transition to full temperature (which is where the shutters may get involved), is a separate concern of some CRV owners.

There is little evidence to indicate that the two are related.. other then slower warmup, for which there are a few ways to mitigate, regardless of what the shutters may be doing.

There are a number of factors that determine if an engine is running at full temperture or not, particularly in cold weather. Focusing on any single one of them is just going to create yet another giant rabbit hole in the discussion. We just cleared the LSPI notion.. I hope we don't now go down the rabbit hole again with the shutters.

2741 - 2756 of 2756 Posts