Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leased our CRV in April 2018. Received oil dilution recall in Nov 2018 @ 7,251 kms. Local dealer changed the oil and filter and updated software!!!! Immediate result was it took a long time to get any heat in temps of 10C and colder. Dealer says it a common problem and to set temp control to max...takes running the vehicle for half and hour to get the heat gauge anywhere close to the half mark and it start dropping as soon as the vehicle is stopped at an intersection...very unhappy with the situation. Then ,the vehicle is parked a full 2 months while on a winter vacation. Then we drive a little more than 2,000 kms in March 2019 and the oil level is checked; it is way over the top mark. It is taken to the local dealer and the oil and filter is changed again @ 9,135 kms. The vehicle is driven locally and on short trips, another 2,500kms between March and July 17, 2019 and again the oil level shows way over the top mark. The local dealer reluctantly changes the oil and filter @11,850 kms without providing any documentation (no charge service work order) like was done the 2 previous times. Then the vehicle is driven on a 4,483 kms holiday in a period of 2 weeks. The oil level is so high it is right at the top of the plastic part of the dip stick August 9,2019. The dealer is contacted once again and we are instructed to bring the vehicle in; the service manager checks the oil level and agrees it is over the top mark and says Honda SAYS IT IS AT AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL .....I can't believe what I hear....then he says (keep driving it and keep checking the level and if it goes any higher, bring back to us and we will change the oil and filter again). So, I asked if there is some kind of documentation I would get; the answer was that a notation was entered in my profile on the dealership information system. Honda Canada, If you read this, You need to get things together and support you dealers and customers in a more efficient and trusting manner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.