Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am at my local Honda getting the “fix”. The service department lady charged me $26 for what she said is “the extra 1 litre that isn’t covered”. I mentioned to her that the oil change is suppose to be apart of the recall and that I got my oil changed last month. I’m trying to find the official form, I am only on my phone and dont have my laptop with me.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,958 Posts
oil well that ends well. till it presents itself again

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi, I am at my local Honda getting the “fix”. The service department lady charged me $26 for what she said is “the extra 1 litre that isn’t covered”. I mentioned to her that the oil change is suppose to be apart of the recall and that I got my oil changed last month. I’m trying to find the official form, I am only on my phone and dont have my laptop with me.
This sucks, how bad can the oil dilution issue get?
Here is the form, good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just came back from Northern Honda in North Bay got the recall update done, as well as an oil change as the service advisor advised me " recall only calls for Honda to drop the oil, keeping the oil filter in place, do you want to replace the oil filter as well Pear?" i said yea sure, was on original oil and filter mileage at 7100kms (bought crv in July of this year) and they charged me $15 for the filter and that was all I had to pay. I dont know what is and isnt covered with Honda but that wasnt what the service advisor told me

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I am back at home now.

When I first came in, she told me I was being charged for some of the oil they were using, but I told her that it was free part of the recall. Decided when I come back to pick up the car I would show her the notice/recall letter. Then when I went to go pick up the CRV, I ended up walking out of there getting charged $23.93 after battling with the guy for a bit. He said I was being charged for an oil filter (not indicating any oil), which at the time I knew the filter wasn't included in the recall. But then again, no one asked me if I wanted the oil filter changed, they went ahead and just did it and then charged me for it....especially when I had the oil changed about 1000km ago. On top of that, when looking at the notes, half of the charge comes from some of the synthetic 0W20 they used. This should have been covered as part of the oil 'free of charge'. So I tried contacting Honda's customer service support/relations but they don't operate on the weekends.

·
Registered
434 Posts
...So I tried contacting Honda's customer service support/relations but they don't operate on the weekends.
Good idea. Try on Monday if nothing else to let them know that the dealer is not following "the fix" procedure. You should not be charged for the oil.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Third oil and filter change because of oil dilution ....paid in full by Honda. Seems some dealers are trying to profit because of Honda's problem :=(
So think of the charge for the oil filter as partially covering their losses on having to do warranty work while keeping the lights on at the factories. LOL.

Just looking for a "rational" reason to me why then wont fix all cars for oil dilution, while nickel and dime-ing the lucky ones that do get the fix.

What is going on? Something just does not seem rational to me to piss off their customer base so easily for a few dollars. Is it not like have to change out an entire engine. Just a SW update, some oil/filter and possible electron control module.

Really Honda, this is not the way to win business, if one asked my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took my 2017 CrV in for an oil change (codes B 1 2) while there I was told my vehicle had been recalled for the oil dilution issue and that they would take care of the recall while I was there. I knew that the recall included an oil change. Still, they charged me for the maintenance. When I questioned the charge since the recall included an oil change, they took about $30 off the bill (for 4 qts of oil), but told me that the technician “wouldn’t get paid” if they took the labor off. That’s ridiculous. I don’t like the dealer closest to me. In fact, I drove almost two hours to buy my vehicle from a different Honda dealer. I may take it where I bought it for future service.

·
Registered
'99 C-RV EX
17 Posts
they took about $30 off the bill (for 4 qts of oil), but told me that the technician “wouldn’t get paid” if they took the labor off.
Pretty sure the Tech would get paid (I don't think dept of labor looks kindly on employers not paying their employees). It's the dealership that might lose a few $$.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If they charged you for the maintenance for the recall work absolutely go back and demand your money back. Its free and no charges should be applied. Now my dealer (who i did NOT buy my crv from, i moved towns) did inform me that recall calls for Honda to drop the oil and replace, but they dont cover the oil filter, $15 canadian so i didnt say peep and paid the $15 but everything else was covered. Id go back and demand money back and even take it up with corporate say wtf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts