Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3481 - 3482 of 3482 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,599 Posts
Updated observation from a member who wished to remain anonymous.

My 2019 CR-V has some degree of gas getting into the oil during the Winter months (nothing detectible in warm months).

I've had my 2019 for two Winters now so I can see the pattern. Once the oil level has risen, it does not come back down to normal, it fluctuates slightly, but remains higher than it was after the last oil change. I've driven a lot of open highway miles this Winter, which should be allowing the motor to get rid of the gas that has gotten into the oil.

The good news is that the level does not continue to rise after the initial increase in volume. It remains at or below the "maximum safe level" of overfilling, so the system is maintaining itself to a degree.

Lastly, even after the increase of volume during these cold months, the the oil does not smell strongly of gasoline, and it never has.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,599 Posts
For newcomers (and of course, existing site members) curious about OD issues - please read this thread. All other discussion will be removed as this topic has been covered ad-naseum. Honda provided a fix for this issue. Google it if necessary or speak to your local Honda dealership or Honda USA or whichever country you reside in.

If you have a question on the topic, send a direct message to me or another Moderator.

Please do NOT start a new thread - it will be closed/deleted without notice.

Thanks.

3481 - 3482 of 3482 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.