Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
If there was a “best”, there would be only one brand on the shelf at the parts store. I agree......fixin’ to get interesting.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Why are you asking, number 1?
Almost any popular brand will do an adequate job, even the low '20 micron filtering' percentage Honda oil filter.
Still, many have used that Honda filter with GREAT results!!!
Remember, even on the old 2nd Gen CRV, Honda recommended (while using conventional oil) an oil change every 7k miles or one yr, whichever came first and an oil filter every other change or 2 yrs (up to 15k miles on a regular Honda oil filter, yikes), whichever came first.
IOW's, oil changes and OIL quality are more important than getting the BEST oil filter.
Me, I prefer the Fram Ultra Synthetic oil Filter.. Why??? Great filtering, great flow rates, high quality, high independent test ratings, and great ADVERTISING!!!!!!!
Waste of money?? Probably but I sleep better and feel smugger!!! :devilish: (plus I only change oil and filter once a year. I only drive around 7K miles/yr).
Buffalo4

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I've purchased Mobil 1 filters for at least two decades now. I dabbled in Fram but didn't like the rubbery "grip" stuff on the bottom that made them slippery to try and remove from our engines (ironic, I know). Back to Mobil 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts