Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter September's CR-V of the month Challenge HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello my friends. Just back from my yearly inspection on my 2009 Honda CRV and the mechanic mentioned I was leaking oil from an area called the Cam oil seal or plug of some sort. Part stores are having issues finding the part number and even the Honda parts Dept at the dealership I called was confused. Seems it is kind of spraying lower onto the engine. I was told it was an easy fix but does anyone know what part this is exactly? Part number would help and any advice installing ? Does the 2009 even have a Camshaft Oil plug? Many thanks. David

·
Registered
312 Posts
Engine front, sides, and rear are in relation to the centerline of the crankshaft and not how it sits in the car, or what ever else device it could power or be mounted in. Had to get that straight first.
The rear is always where the power is taken from or where the flywheel is, the front is where the belt for alternator, power steering pump etc is on these engines. So I think "mechanic" is talking about the plugs at the rear just below the valve cover. Down load the manual here and look for them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine front, sides, and rear are in relation to the centerline of the crankshaft and not how it sits in the car, or what ever else device it could power or be mounted in. Had to get that straight first.
The rear is always where the power is taken from or where the flywheel is, the front is where the belt for alternator, power steering pump etc is on these engines. So I think "mechanic" is talking about the plugs at the rear just below the valve cover. Down load the manual here and look for them.
Thanks. If your looking at the engine standing in front of the hood, it's on the lower left of the engine.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
604 Posts
If your looking at the engine standing in front of the hood, it's on the lower left of the engine.
That's the front of the engine, or passenger side facing.
But we digress, might guess it's the camshaft seal(s).
My V never breaks, so I lack knowledge of what seals and/or plugs are present.
Did some advanced searching, I did see the Gen 1 had plastic plugs that gave trouble.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey all. Sorry for the confusion. So I now know the seal. It is a VTC Solenoid O-Ring. Part Number 15832-PNA-023.

I decided I will get this replaced as well as the Valve Cover Gasket. The oil is coming from the O-Ring. Just in case anyone else has this issue.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Okay if this works, the thing with the blue connector is the solenoid, and just above it is a seam and on top is the valve cover. This is the true front of the engine, or if you are standing in front of the car it is on the left side, just look down from that face of the valve cover between all the stuff.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Synthetic rubber Wood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts